User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone on cellcept with an infection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update:
    After a month on 1gm Mofetil, my mom's anemia seemed to be going away, but had to drop her dose back to 750mg due to vomitting.
    She goes for Epogen shots every 2 weeks and always needs one, but this time she didn't need one.
    Two more weeks and she still didn't need another shot of Epogen, but her hemoglobin went down .2 which isn't bad.
    I was hoping it would have kept going up, so put her back on 1 gm Mofetil again.
    She had also, started electro acupuncture which was clinically proven to improve proteinuria, kidney function and anemia.
    [The clinico-laboratory effects of acupuncture in patients with glo... - PubMed - NCBI

We will see if things improve at the next shot interval.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all goes well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkathleen View Post
    I hope all goes well
    Hi Kathleen,
    Thanks, but my keeps getting severe diarrhea and vomitting on 1gm mofetil, so I have to keep her at 500 - 750mg to avoid it.
    I sure wish this would work without these side effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update:
    My mom is back to anemia. after 2 weeks starting with a hemoglobin of 11.2, it was down to 9.3 and she needed an epogen shot.
    I had to drop her mofetil dose from 1gm down to 500 for a couple days and up to 750mg, so this dose doesn't work.
    I will try 1gm once every 2 days and see if she can handle it.
    It looks like the dose builds up over time and there might be a sweet spot.

When she would get diarrhea, it was explosive and a big mess and 7-8 times per day, so it is not tolerable at 1gm per day every day.
    Also, she doesn't get sick from it right after taking the pills but 6-8 hours later.
    The neph said that this drug is broken down in the liver and it is the metabolized mycophenalic acid that it converts to that makes her sick.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345