User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prednisone & Weight Loss -- Is it possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Sjap0655;90997]The one of the Left was taken Dec 2013 the far right, taken October 2014.[/QUOTE

Impressive progress.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on 20+ mg - including several months at 60 - for the past two years. I have FINALLY weaned down to 10 and in that month I lost 5 lbs! I'm still on strict orders not to do anything aerobic or too taxing because my doctor is really worried about it stressing my body too much and causing a flare up. But, I am a pretty strict clean eater, dairy and gluten light - like we go weeks without either and all I added was 600 stairs throughout an 8 hour day as I walked around. So not even intense all at once. It is possible... difficult, but possible!

GOOD LUCK! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post is so helpful and encouraging. My daughter is so distressed about her weight gain. She reports 25 pounds now. When last I saw her in August she was up only 10 pounds. I see her again next week (can't wait). She has decreased the pred from 40 to 20. Headaches have increased but she wants to tough it out so she can get the pred down below 10. If the rtx treatments she had in August are working, it's hard to tell, but her ENT notes tissue improvement in her nasal passages.
    I will share these success stories with her. She could use a boost.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WG mom View Post
    This post is so helpful and encouraging. My daughter is so distressed about her weight gain. She reports 25 pounds now. When last I saw her in August she was up only 10 pounds. I see her again next week (can't wait). She has decreased the pred from 40 to 20. Headaches have increased but she wants to tough it out so she can get the pred down below 10. If the rtx treatments she had in August are working, it's hard to tell, but her ENT notes tissue improvement in her nasal passages.
    I will share these success stories with her. She could use a boost.
    Thanks.
    I've taken off almost 30 pounds (in three months) without trying once I went off the pred. So tell her that it is possible and the weight will come off. IT WILL COME OFF!!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So great to hear, Mike. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is similar to my story. I am still at 10 mg but once I got below 20 mg the moon face mostly subsided and I was able to control the appetite and get back into regular exercise - gradually - as TommyG says. I found that a walking regimen combined with reducing calories really helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12