Likes Likes:  0

Thread: he has done alot of research docs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default he has done alot of research docs

My rheumy ( Dr. Hoffman ) at CC sent me a letter that he is retiring next month so I need to get another dr. to follow my bloodwork and precriptions. I know a lot of you go see Villa-Forte and like her. I was on the website and looking at different drs. he recommended ( she was one of tem ) but I was also leading towards Dr. Carol Langford. She has done a lot of research and goes to a lot of the symbosiums ( sp ? ) I was wondering if anyone that goes to CC sees her. I need to decide soon and probably go up next month, hopefully before the snow comes !!!!!
    Hope everyone has a great day

I don't know how the header line got changed from what I type....but it is supposed to be " Looking for new Dr. at CC "
    Last edited by Debbie C; 10-14-2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: title
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you could go wrong with either Dr. Langford or Dr. Villa Forte. It's nice to have good choices with our dumb disease!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,
    I agree with Pete, I see Villa-Forte. There is another that I've talked to over the phone and have heard good things about. Dr. Mandel, he just presented a paper on the importance of working closely with a pulmy, for patients that have both Wegs and COPD. All the best to you in choosing one.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called up there and talked to his sec. and mentioned I was either going to go with Langford or Villa-Forte. And before I could get it out she said to go with Langford. She is secretary for those 3 that I know of so I took her word for it . I have spoke to her several times before amd she said they are both really good but if it were up to her she would see Langford. So I am waiting on an appt.probably won't go until next year. Hoping all stays the same ( except my sed rate go down ! )
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !