Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Shanna. I am new to the forum as well, just being diagnosed last April. I have found it to be a wonderful resource as well as a comfort to share with people who understand the issues that we can have with this disease. I have been able to ask questions and receive answers that my doctors could not respond to. It has helped me understand and deal with side effects I have been experiencing. You will be able help the rest of us by sharing your 35 year journey.

Karen
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am convinced that my wegs actually started way back in 1961. I was dead tired and couldn't stay awake. I had constant nose bleeds and, of course great joint pain. Back in 1961 they didn't have much experience with wegs. The docs treated me as best they could for "whatever I had" and isolated me from school and my family for 18 months.

Finally, a new wonder drug came came out and they put me on it -- high doses of pred. I gained a lot of weight during the year I was on pred. When they tapered me off, all was well until 49 years later in 2008 when the symptoms came back.

I will never be able to positively link the two instances and the doctors won't make a guess either, but the situation does seem to be more than coincidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12