Thread: Blood Type Diet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blood Type Diet

Hi Everyone,
    A friend of mine sent me this information, and I started reading into it a little. I thought it was pretty interesting. Anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm also curious; my Dad and I both have auto-immune conditions, and we're both Type A. Some of the research mentions A blood types having more sensitive immune systems. I'm wondering if this is common, or just a coincidence in my family.

Blood Type Diet- Dr. D'Adamo:
    Welcome to the Blood Type Diet

It's been a while since I've checked in. Hope all is well.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm A+ but that is pretty common blood type.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicole,
    My eye doctor has told me about the blood type diet. He is very much "into" it and other health related information. He gave me some information for my blood type ( A-) a few years ago and I pretty much ignored it. Now that I read the information you list perhaps I should have paid more attention to him. The information is very interesting especially for my type. I was diagnosed in April with WG and I have been thinking that my poor eating habits over the past several years could have contributed to it. Being single and working long hours in education I resorted to a lot of fast food because I was exhausted when I got home and did not want to cook a meal and have to clean up. Now that I have had to retire because of my illness I am choosing healthier foods. I think I will study this diet more and give it a try. I will need to see how it matches to the kidney diet I am supposed to be following.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it works out for you, kaysee. The biggest thing I got from the A type was steer towards vegetarian, which I plan on trying to a certain degree. Either way, I thought it was an interesting perspective on diet I'd never heard of before.

Best wishes.
    Nicole
    Nicole