Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To remember or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Hmm, I don't seem to be able to find the 'candle map'. Could someone direct me please?
    If it is possible, maybe we can have 2 maps ? one for the living and one for the dead ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My additional feedback on the map: It is possible to zoom in on a location on the map and see the spacing between candles and pins better. However, having a separate 'in memoriam' map isn't a bad idea either. I do think there should be a more accessible link to the map, like at the top of a page with the other 'community' info. I liked being able to click on it from any page or thread I was on.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible to zoom in on a location on the map and see the spacing between candles and pins better
    Oh, yes... In the lower right corner of the map, there should be a plus and minus symbol. Click on the plus to zoom in and the minus to zoom out. You can also grab the map with your mouse and move it around. Also, on the left side, there should be an alphabetical listing of all entries. You can click on one of the entries and it will take you to their place on the map. if you don't see the list, click on the >>> thing that is in the upper left.

Also, the lower left allows you to view all or just deaths. Click on the square to activate what you want to look at. That's almost as good as having two maps. The map will do a lot of things if you look around and play with it a bit. You can't hurt the map by experimenting (you don't want to make false entries, tho).
    Last edited by vdub; 07-17-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Oh, yes... In the lower right corner of the map, there should be a plus and minus symbol. Click on the plus to zoom in and the minus to zoom out. You can also grab the map with your mouse and move it around. Also, on the left side, there should be an alphabetical listing of all entries. You can click on one of the entries and it will take you to their place on the map. if you don't see the list, click on the >>> thing that is in the upper left.

Also, the lower left allows you to view all or just deaths. Click on the square to activate what you want to look at. That's almost as good as having two maps. The map will do a lot of things if you look around and play with it a bit. You can't hurt the map by experimenting (you don't want to make false entries, tho).
    They show up real clearly when you just check the square for deaths. I count 14 candles.
    I think this clarifies the issue about not being able to find the candle markers easily. Thanks for the clarification.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    They show up real clearly when you just check the square for deaths. I count 14 candles.
    I think this clarifies the issue about not being able to find the candle markers easily. Thanks for the clarification.

Now everyone knows what to do when they find the 'memorial' map......BUT HOW THE HELL DOES ANYONE FIND IT IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN IT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE TITLES?
    You may know where it is hidden but anyone else such as friends and family members will not! What is so hard about having it signposted?

I know you moniter this in your own time and fully apreciate your efforts and input and due to this, I am de-registering from the site. Good-bye all.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA!! I can't even fin d out how to do this - Just block me please.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammy, what is up, this is not worth leaving over. Please don't go
    Your input is very important to us all.

I looked at the map the other day and thought, "but I can see the candles and I know where they all are",
    You are correct, I have been on here for years and know how it works, what if I was a brand new member, or someone just visiting.
    I would have no idea that the candles signified the passing of our loved members, I would just think that someone chose to use a candle instead of a pin.

Our members that have now gone, certainly do need to be remembered.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Hammy, this is not worth leaving over. We are always glad to hear from you whether it is often or once in awhile. Your complaint about the map is valid and can be resolved. I agree it should be a lot easier and more obvious how to access the map along with other useful resources that have links prominently displayed on the pages of the site. At one time it was, and perhaps got overlooked during the last time the site was worked on.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Now everyone knows what to do when they find the 'memorial' map......BUT HOW THE HELL DOES ANYONE FIND IT IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN IT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE TITLES?
    You may know where it is hidden but anyone else such as friends and family members will not! What is so hard about having it signposted?

I know you moniter this in your own time and fully apreciate your efforts and input and due to this, I am de-registering from the site. Good-bye all.
    Hammy! Chill The link is here: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717. It's located in a thread at the top of the New Member Intro forum. Enjoy.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should review the map for duplicates. I haven't done that in a long time and it seems to be a problem with a few entries -- people will make a sticky, then change their mind and just make a new sticky rather than change the old one. Maybe they don't know how to change the old one -- at any rate, we end up with a few duplicates or even a few people in the middle of the pacific ocean (people testing I suppose). BTW, if anyone ever does see something that appears to be a dupe or an erroneous entry (say in the middle of the pacific), let me know and I'll delete it. Thanks, vw

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234