Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To remember or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think drz just volunteered to be the obit editor...LOL...ducks...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I think drz just volunteered to be the obit editor...LOL...ducks...
    I will help you though, Don since you are the English teacher, right. But they should only be posted by Vdub or the Big Kahuna.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, sorry bud, don't do obits...any other editing? I'll do it!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I think its a good idea, but how to present it will require some thought. I think the basic info that you suggest would be good, but I don't think we would want everyone's individual thoughts, condolences, etc. If you start adding a lot of "clutter" (not to demean the thought), then it detracts from "the wall", if I can use that term.

We do have the candles on the map as a reminder -- unfortunately there are quite a few candles.

Edit: I see 7 off-hand; 2 in US, 1 in Canada, 1 in Spain, 1 in UAE, 1 in S. Africa, & 1 in the UK. Am I missing any?

I'm thinking a sticky with a URL pointing to a web page with a static write-ups on each individual. Something simple (no auto-music, for instance and no animated .gifs), solemn, short... I don't think we would need permission from anyone as long as the content was taken from publicly available sources.
    Agreed. Great idea, it's just the implementation we need to think about. I'm not in a position to set anything up for the next couple of weeks but please keep adding ideas to this thread and we can get something going in early November.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a terrific idea. I would think a memorial page for each person with an easy way to link to their posts would be perfect. I would think perhaps one introductory post should be highlighted. Most have a first post that summarizes how they arrived. That could be the highlighted post. the obituary should limited to a certain maximum number of words, and could be written by a family member.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember my sweet dr. Phil all the time on his thread.... with pictures and tears and endless love and sore missing...
    it can be done with others who passed, on the thread that told about their passing, or on the thread in which they told their story, or on one of their best threads...
    it can be done by reading again old posts, which I mostly do now when I come to the Forum...
    honestly, I doubt how many can bear visiting Phil's thread... I am grateful for those who are able too.... "cemetery" is not fun to visit.
    p.s. vdub/ endrew: when my time will come, will you, please put my candle near Phi's ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    p.s. vdub/ endrew: when my time will come, will you, please put my candle near Phi's ?
    Absolutely.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, that's going to be many, many years from now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Alysia, that's going to be many, many years from now!!!!
    only God knows when.... maybe Phil also know now, that he has heavenly wisdom...
    we used to tell Phil things like that....
    tears...
    and... honestly, I don't want to wait many years until I will join my Phil. I miss him every second. each morning is painful to wake up.... I am sorry.
    thank you anyway.

and thank you andrew for the candle. it means a lot to me.
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-05-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year down the line....has anything happened?
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast