User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many of you think you know what caused this terrible disease to you ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my triggers were mold in our bedroom (we had an ice dam on our chimney and water ran down the walls - the landlord never replaced the carpet or padding) and some pretty intense stress at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

This is the best video I have seen describing ANCA parthenogenesis:

The irritation (mold, mildew, infection) may be the initial trigger to a series of genetically predisposed events.

Best,
    Tring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what caused it but a number of mentioned factors mentioned are all possible. When I went to see my rheumy recently I asked about my cousin not sure on what kind of cousin she is 2nd 3rd or what have you but her grandmother was my great aunt. Any rate she is going to see him soon since her GP says she is 95% likely to have lupus and needs a rheumy to confirm. Anyways when discussing it with him I asked if there is a likelihood of genetic predisposition for auto-immune because we had discussed this subject earlier in another thread. And the fact she is related I thought it was worth a check. So he told me they are not sure on the exact roles genes play for auto immune but they do know they play a role. since lupus was what we were discussing or perhaps something he recently read in a rheumatologist periodical, he was able to tell me a number and I will be honest I don't remember the number it was over a month ago now but for some reason both 14 and 21 seem to make sense. Either way what ever the number was those are the number of genetic traits linked to lupus. What I got out of it is back early on in this wall of text. Genes do play a role but exactly how much we are not sure. On a side note the ent at U of M I am now seeing said there also evidence that people with sinus involvement often show signs of staff in the sinus cavity. Lucky I did not. But he says he isn't sure why that is if one is linked to the other or not. Who knows? But it is certainly a lot of information to think about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My great uncle died of WG in 1968. AI's are definitely in our family. One brother has RA. Another brother, a 1st cousin, and my Dad have Raynauds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been fun to read. I was always pretty healthy growing up and never any bad case of the flu or anything. I was 22 when I was diagnosed and I hadn't had any kind of shot since I was young starting school and all that. My first cousin and my great uncle have lupus which is very similar to our disease. My new doc says there are things being discovered that it could be genetic. the autoimmune part of it. That's all I got. I work at a bank and am around dirty money but that is really the only thing I can even think of that I was around at the time. no mold, no craziness that I can even think of. I get stressed pretty easily and the docs have always said stress is our worst enemy.
    Faith.Hope.Love.
    Fighting Since 2008

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234