Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel obstructions or Perforations

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodi.houghton View Post
    The doctors had explained the rituxan can make the lining of the bowels weak. So if this is the case and they knew this why didn't they check her
    Such a tragic story. She had bowel problems even before diagnosis. Were GI investigations ever done? Was WG ever confirmed in her GI system?

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She never had problems before. She had contracted C Difficile which is a very highly infectious bacteria in the bowel. They said it was probably something she had ate. One doctor after her surgery thought it was colitis that had a pocket of C Diff still lingering but then at a meeting we had with our concerns they said she didn't have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you! Thats my beautiful girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mentioned that she had a sore stomach whilst at college and that she had been diagnosed with an ulcer just before she started coughing up blood. Was the ulcer diagnosed by gastroscopy or just by her symptoms. Was just thinking that if she did have GI involvement she could have had wounds/ulcers in her bowel and before they had time to heal they could have become infected when she was immune compromised because of the immune-suppressants. Was peritonitis the cause of death?

So, so sad and I can feel your anger. Certainly major negligence there.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you! Thats my beautiful girl
    I thought that was your daughter and it really broke my heart to see such pretty young girl suffer like that.
    I don't know why Dr's don't use Iodine to kill these bad microbes because there is almost nothing that is resistant to it.
    100gms of IV vitamin C would be better than what they use for sepsis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it wasnt actually an ulcer as the doctor had thought. it was the wegners and thats where the blood had come from. She was diagnosed by symptoms. No one would have thought it was something so serious. This all happened so quickly. She never complained up until the last week before going for xmas holidays and the blood started that week as well. When she was diagnosed the doctors couldnt believe how she was still active. Her levels were so low she should have been flat on her back in bed. They said it was the Vasculitis but i say it was the sepsis. She was going home on the monday and this happened on the friday.. I am so beyond angry now and I thank you for agreeing with negligence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that just it...sepsis is treatable if caught in time. My heart is shattered in a million pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that just it...sepsis is treatable if caught in time. My heart is shattered in a million pieces.
    So sorry for your pain. As the mother of a daughter who is not much older than your lovely girl, I know that your heart will always be shattered but I hope that with time the pain will not be so raw and will ease a little,

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope so too...I hope i have some of my questions answered at the next meeting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wg's can really sneak up on you and destroy organs very, very quickly.
    This is why it so imperative that awareness gets out, so Dr's can recognize this disease and treat it before permanent damage happens.
    This is such a devastating disease.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast