Thread: Imuran and vomitting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    What dose of cellcept were you on?
    Did you start off on a low dose and work up?
    I have been on 1.5g daily (750mgs x 2 daily) since day one, It will be 6 years in January 2015. I think the thinking was to increase it if need be but I have done fine on this relatively low dose. I know most people are on higher doses.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rose.
    My mom's nephrologist wants to start her on 250mg 2x's per day to start.
    She is only 107 lbs, so not sure if the weight makes the difference in dose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I have been on 1.5g daily (750mgs x 2 daily) since day one, It will be 6 years in January 2015. I think the thinking was to increase it if need be but I have done fine on this relatively low dose. I know most people are on higher doses.

Rose
    Hi Rose,
    Just started my mom on the mofetil today.
    Wish us luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relpased in February 2014 and my docs put me on 3g (1.5 g 2x day) per day. It took a while, at least 4 weeks, before we noticed any improvement. The high dosage did cause some intestinal discomfort, very loose stool. I stayed on that dose until early September and then reduced it gradually to 1.5g (750mg 2x day) daily. My brand is Mycophenolate. I was told the dosage depends on your body weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RudiK View Post
    I relpased in February 2014 and my docs put me on 3g (1.5 g 2x day) per day. It took a while, at least 4 weeks, before we noticed any improvement. The high dosage did cause some intestinal discomfort, very loose stool. I stayed on that dose until early September and then reduced it gradually to 1.5g (750mg 2x day) daily. My brand is Mycophenolate. I was told the dosage depends on your body weight.
    What kind of improvements did you get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because my kidneys had been affected and that I had a bout of drug induced hepatitis , methotrexate was not suitable. The next alternative was cellcept. I started on that in January 2009 and it has done its job very well. It is very expensive and I battled to get the medical insurance to pay at first. After a few months on it generics came on to the market and the insurance insisted that I take them. Luckily the ones that I was prescribed work for me but I do know that all generic cellcept is not the same and some work for some people but that may not work for another. Better to stick with the brand one if possible.

Rose.
    I just noticed the brand of my mom's script is Teva which is generic.
    I hope she doesn't have any problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Hi Rose,
    Just started my mom on the mofetil today.
    Wish us luck!
    Good luck!!! I really do hope it works but as Rudik1 says it will take a while to see the effects. I take the generic Mycophenalate Hexel manufactured by Sandoz.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck!!! I really do hope it works but as Rudik1 says it will take a while to see the effects. I take the generic Mycophenalate Hexel manufactured by Sandoz.

Rose
    Thanks again Rose and I will update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am taking Imuran and started on 50mg for a month and then up to 75 for a couple weeks but when it was increased to 100 about 20 minutes after taking it I would feel like I was going to vomit and then the feeling would go away in about 5 minutes .After several days of this I started taking half in the morning and the other half at night and I have been fine so far..... but of course check with her Doc .Good Luck ....I know it is frustrating!!! Yours Susie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brew22 View Post
    I am taking Imuran and started on 50mg for a month and then up to 75 for a couple weeks but when it was increased to 100 about 20 minutes after taking it I would feel like I was going to vomit and then the feeling would go away in about 5 minutes .After several days of this I started taking half in the morning and the other half at night and I have been fine so far..... but of course check with her Doc .Good Luck ....I know it is frustrating!!! Yours Susie
    Hi Susie,
    My mom could not handle any dose and it caused horrible nausea all day long on a lower dose.
    She is on the mofetil now and will see how this works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast