Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pancreatic Cyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pancreatic Cyst

Recently I went to a new medical struggle I start to feel severe pain on the right side of the abdomen I did some clinical tests that revealed a pancreatic cyst and it is pretty big
    Through the investigation conducted at the hospital I have some history of cystic process since 2007
    I want to tell you that yesterday I went through a new diagnosis process with higher level of diagnosis precision about 40% more the new technology is EUS AND OPTICAL BIOPSY WITH LASER IMAGING, till now I am waiting for test results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayo Phoenix is opening an entire new wing based on laser practices in children's cancers. It's a huge commitment so this must be the 'way' now...pretty neat. Best to you on the results.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishing you all the best with the results and healing of this new medical condition. Thanks for sharing about the new test out there.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gymi - withing 6 months of my husband being diagnosed with GPA, he developed pancreatic pseudocysts - two the size of oranges and one was 9cm x 27cm. That one grew into his groin because there was just no more room in his abdominal cavity. From experience that episode might just have been more scary than the Wegener's. There is no definitive reason he developed the acute pancreatitis but we have developed a few possibilities. Initially his rheumatologist thought it was the cytoxan he was treated with. The surgeon thought perhaps the high doses of steroids. We all wonder if it was the Wegener's that attacked his pancreas. In his case CT scans coupled with blood work were enough to diagnose the pseudocysts - they were pretty apparent.

I would recommend that you find some good pancreatitis support groups. We were fortunate with the surgeon that treated him - he believed that the pancreas should never be touched and chose other routes to resolve the situation. My husband was on nasal feeding tubes for a couple of weeks and when they didn't work went on a PICC line with TPN for almost two months - nothing by mouth except the smallest sip of water to take medications. The cysts resolved themselves - the largest ruptured on it own and his abdominal cavity was drained but that was all. He hasn't had a flare since. During the time he was on TPN his Wegener's treatment was suspended - only maintaining the steroids. Once the PICC was removed Wegener's treatment resumed.

Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know.

Aldena

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Girly3800 View Post
    gymi - withing 6 months of my husband being diagnosed with GPA, he developed pancreatic pseudocysts - two the size of oranges and one was 9cm x 27cm. That one grew into his groin because there was just no more room in his abdominal cavity. From experience that episode might just have been more scary than the Wegener's. There is no definitive reason he developed the acute pancreatitis but we have developed a few possibilities. Initially his rheumatologist thought it was the cytoxan he was treated with. The surgeon thought perhaps the high doses of steroids. We all wonder if it was the Wegener's that attacked his pancreas. In his case CT scans coupled with blood work were enough to diagnose the pseudocysts - they were pretty apparent.

I would recommend that you find some good pancreatitis support groups. We were fortunate with the surgeon that treated him - he believed that the pancreas should never be touched and chose other routes to resolve the situation. My husband was on nasal feeding tubes for a couple of weeks and when they didn't work went on a PICC line with TPN for almost two months - nothing by mouth except the smallest sip of water to take medications. The cysts resolved themselves - the largest ruptured on it own and his abdominal cavity was drained but that was all. He hasn't had a flare since. During the time he was on TPN his Wegener's treatment was suspended - only maintaining the steroids. Once the PICC was removed Wegener's treatment resumed.

Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know.

Aldena
    Thank you for your information you don’t need to be sorry
    I can tell you that I am treated in one of the best hospitals and they are treating me with the collaboration of the nephrology at autoimmune departments
    I went over MRCP a week before I had the new technology test witch was a week ago and consist of a small microscope and laser imaging technology in conjunction with today's endoscopic instruments to identify tissues at the cellular level the diagnose was also that I have a pseudo cyst in the tail of the pancreas about 6 cm in diameter they want to wait to get the results of the FNA that they took last week and then decide which treatment to go on