Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nasal rinses and travel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi gigi.palumboshatz, welcome . We have a lot of fun here- talking about saline packets is just one example.
    The saline packets are little packets sort of like sugar packets that have salt and baking soda in them. There are more than one manufacturer of them but I think the most common one is Neil-med.
    I especially like the way the bottle works that comes with the Neil-med packets. The bottles are meant to be disposable after using them for a while.
    Of course, a person could use just plain non-iodized salt and do it themselves. I did this for many years. I enjoy the convenience of the little packets and getting a new bottle periodically. I buy mine at Costco.
    Here is an example of how they come---

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit | drugstore.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gigi_ I am not sure what the saline packets are I buy the small bottles of saline rinse at the dollar tree. I use a rinse call ALKALOL (label uses all caps) can be bought at Walgreens or online at Vitacost. I empty out half of the saline solution out of the bottle and add the ALKALOL rinse solutions so it isn't so strong. I only use the saline/distilled water or sterilized water to mix my rinse, not taking any chances. I have often warm mix mixture (not hot) to soften the yuck faster and most likely a little better. I hope this helps you out good luck on you journey and this is a great site lots of good information. I forgot I also use Ayrs nasal saline GEL it helps so much with keeping the tissues soft/nose bleeds.

Mary
    Last edited by jakekell; 12-12-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so helpful to have this information! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123