User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could MRSA be responsible for AAV?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Hi me2,

If you want stop the colonizing of mrsa in the nares, this is what worked for my mom.
    2 cups distilled water and 1 tsp of Lugol's 5% solution.
    Mix together and use in a neti pot with 1/8 tsp baking soda to keep it from stinging.
    Flush the sinuses 1-2 times per day for a week.
    Bactericidal activity of antiseptics against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
    Thanks for this info, I am going to run it by my ENT. I've had resistant staph in my sinuses for as long as I've had this disease. I'd like to kill it of--permanently!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Thanks for this info, I am going to run it by my ENT. I've had resistant staph in my sinuses for as long as I've had this disease. I'd like to kill it of--permanently!!
    Hi Mike,
    After my mom did the iodine rinses, she tested negative for colonized mrsa at 2 different tests as required to release her from colonized mrsa designation. However, she has not been tested again since 2013, so she could have picked it up again. I am going to ask her dr to do a swab test again.

If you can remember, please update what you find out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask your doc about using colloidal silver. I have looked into this a little. It seems to me I can find good info on silver working in direct contact but I'm still sketchy about drinking the stuff. I'm not saying it doesn't work - I just don't know.
    I do know that regular medicine uses it topically for wound dressings- so why not as a nasal rinse for nose bugs?
    That is essentially a topical use.
    With all the things I have tried in 37 years I should put a picture of guinea pig on my medical insurance card.
    Last edited by me2; 01-31-2015 at 04:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Ask your doc about using colloidal silver. I have looked into this a little. It seems to me I can find good info on silver working in direct contact but I'm still sketchy about drinking the stuff. I'm not saying it doesn't work - I just don't know.
    I do know that regular medicine uses it topically for wound dressings- so why not as a nasal rinse for nose bugs?
    That is essentially a topical use.
    With all the things I have tried in 37 years I should put a picture of guinea pig on my medical insurance card.
    Hi me2,
    I and my mom drank colloidal silver with no problems and in fact, I had her drink an oz when she was taking fluoroquinolone antibiotic because these antibiotics colonize mrsa. However, drinking it and nasal rinsing with pure cs, did not stop the mrsa colonization.
    It works well for mrsa skin lesions and heals them up quickly because I have a friends that I had use it and it worked very well for that.
    It just doesn't get rid of it systemically.
    If someone has mrsa lesions, they have it systemically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works well for mrsa skin lesions and heals them up quickly because I have a friends that I had use it and it worked very well for that.
    If someone has mrsa lesions, they have it systemically.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite following this. It sounds like you are saying "it works well for mrsa skin lesions" but also saying "If someone has mrsa lesions , they have it systemically and... it doesn't get rid of it systemically"

Does not compute - LOL (thinking Star Trek episode here)
    It also makes me wonder why topical iodine would work and topical silver would not.
    As some of our folks here would say , g'day. I'm off to work..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone has mrsa lesions, they have it systemically.

I'm not quite following this. It sounds like you are saying "it works well for mrsa skin lesions" but also saying "If someone has mrsa lesions , they have it systemically and... it doesn't get rid of it systemically"

Does not compute - LOL (thinking Star Trek episode here)
    It also makes me wonder why topical iodine would work and topical silver would not.
    As some of our folks here would say , g'day. I'm off to work..
    Hi me2,
    The skin is our largest organ and if disease is expressing on the skin, the disease IS systemic.
    Colloidal Silver cannot rid the body of mrsa, but it does heal up the skin lesions.
    My friend had mrsa skin lesions and her niece, they both almost died from the antibiotics but after using the colloidal silver, the lesions healed up. Months later, they got the lesions again because they had mrsa systemically and it will come back when ever the immune system becomes too low.

MRSA is pathogen that likes to live in the nose because it is cooler.
    Using the iodine kills it off from there, but whether it kills all off systemically, I won't know until I get my mom tested again.
    According to the medical system's testing for mrsa, they test the nose and if you are negative for 2 tests, you are considered free of mrsa.
    Hope this makes sense.

One thing I almost forgot.
    When my mom was pos for mrsa, her wbc count was always around 12,000.
    After the mrsa tests negative, her wbc count went down to 6,000 for the first time in many years.
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 01-31-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, very interesting mrtmeo. That is so great that your mom's wbc went down so dramatically. I hope she continues to enjoy some good numbers.
    Thanks too for the explanation. It makes sense now. It also fits with my experience with my doctors. When I had sinus surgery they found staph. Not surprising for a WG patient and especially one with really bad structures that could not clear themselves. I was very glad it was not mrsa.
    I am going to experiment some with the Lugols that I got .
    I have considered getting a colloidal silver generator. The liquids are very expensive. I like using natural things, and also things that the buggies cannot develop resistance to.
    And if that doesn't work I'm certainly not against anti-biotics - although I dislike taking them a LOT. They mess with my body.
    Thanks again for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there some reputable sources that say colloidal silver would be useful? Hadn't heard about it before, and by googling just looked at this quackwatch page Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

If you would like to do it at home, shouldn't it be fairly easy to just use electricity to get the silver into water? Based on that quack watch page some of the people who got argyria created the solution themselves, so probably fairly easy to do.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, very interesting mrtmeo. That is so great that your mom's wbc went down so dramatically. I hope she continues to enjoy some good numbers.
    Thanks too for the explanation. It makes sense now. It also fits with my experience with my doctors. When I had sinus surgery they found staph. Not surprising for a WG patient and especially one with really bad structures that could not clear themselves. I was very glad it was not mrsa.
    I am going to experiment some with the Lugols that I got .
    I have considered getting a colloidal silver generator. The liquids are very expensive. I like using natural things, and also things that the buggies cannot develop resistance to.
    And if that doesn't work I'm certainly not against anti-biotics - although I dislike taking them a LOT. They mess with my body.
    Thanks again for the info
    Hi me2,
    I believe staph becomes mrsa, so any staph infection is dangerous.

I have heard of some breaking open a pure probiotic capsule and putting that in their neti pot replacing the natural flora in their sinuses that have been killed off by antibiotics.

Let us know how it goes with the iodine or what natural things you find that work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    Are there some reputable sources that say colloidal silver would be useful? Hadn't heard about it before, and by googling just looked at this quackwatch page Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

If you would like to do it at home, shouldn't it be fairly easy to just use electricity to get the silver into water? Based on that quack watch page some of the people who got argyria created the solution themselves, so probably fairly easy to do.
    Hi Weg,
    With homemade colloidal silver (cs), the particle size is way too big and you have to be careful to use only distilled water.
    People that use tap water and or add salt to the solution when making homemade cs, can end up with argyria (blue man syndrome).
    True colloidal silver requires equipment in the $200,000 range.

Here is some research showing the effectiveness of cs on pathogens.
    http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...html#post94042

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast