User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could MRSA be responsible for AAV?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could MRSA be responsible for AAV?

There seems to be a link between MRSA and ANCA Associated Vasculitis.
    Microscopic polyangiitis triggered by recur... [Int Urol Nephrol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this interesting perspective on the pathology of GPA and MPA
    ANCA vasculitis: to lump or split?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think its responsible per se, but from what I heard of it could trigger a re-lapse. I had Staph. Aureus in my nose when I got dx'd. I thought they took care of it, but they checked if I had it when I was in the hospital and the result came back positive. They wanted to check it out due to the reason that it could trigger wegs. At least that is my understanding. I don't think all weg's have been tested positive for Staph. Auresus though, so its not like it would be the cause of it.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom had MRSA colonized in her nares.
    I did 100:1 ratio of distilled water to 5% Lugol's iodine with baking soda in a neti pot for 3 days and she was negative for MRSA.
    Her WBC dropped from 12,000 down to 6,000.
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 10-09-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have time to read the links right now but know there has been discussion of this on here, and I specifically remember talk of colonization of s. aureus in the nasal cavity/sinuses and it triggering relapses. You might try a search of the archives on MRSA, s. aureus, and also Bactrim, which was mentioned as being effective against these bacteria as well as the ones that cause pneumonia in immunosuppressed people. I think the implication was that many people are carriers of colonized MRSA (or s. aureus, sort of the same thing?) without knowing it, and Bactrim may extend remission by fighting off this bug so it doesn't trigger flares. May be a simplistic explanation, all that I'm capable of right now, and I may be remembering details wrong. Others know more and can talk about it better.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I don't have time to read the links right now but know there has been discussion of this on here, and I specifically remember talk of colonization of s. aureus in the nasal cavity/sinuses and it triggering relapses. You might try a search of the archives on MRSA, s. aureus, and also Bactrim, which was mentioned as being effective against these bacteria as well as the ones that cause pneumonia in immunosuppressed people. I think the implication was that many people are carriers of colonized MRSA (or s. aureus, sort of the same thing?) without knowing it, and Bactrim may extend remission by fighting off this bug so it doesn't trigger flares. May be a simplistic explanation, all that I'm capable of right now, and I may be remembering details wrong. Others know more and can talk about it better.
    I think you are right about the bactrim helping, but most antibiotics eventually, become ineffective due to mrsa becoming resistant.
    MRSA doesn't become resistant to iodine, but iodine can be tricky to use.
    They have used super high dose potassium iodide to successfully treat vasculitis skin lesions.
    However, Alysia says she had bad sores from mrsa way before she got dx'd with weg's and the lesions went away after a round of rtx.
    This sure sounds interesting as for hope for fighting weg flares with rtx.
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 01-30-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using iodine can be tricky. Do you know of a good source of info on this now that I have a bottle of the "good stuff"?

The role of infection is an interesting subject. Here is an article I just read about something else that may have so
    relevant implications: True cause of heart attacks shocking to most cardiologists | Natural Health 365

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Using iodine can be tricky. Do you know of a good source of info on this now that I have a bottle of the "good stuff"?

The role of infection is an interesting subject. Here is an article I just read about something else that may have so
    relevant implications: True cause of heart attacks shocking to most cardiologists | Natural Health 365
    Hi me2,

If you want stop the colonizing of mrsa in the nares, this is what worked for my mom.
    2 cups distilled water and 1 tsp of Lugol's 5% solution.
    Mix together and use in a neti pot with 1/8 tsp baking soda to keep it from stinging.
    Flush the sinuses 1-2 times per day for a week.
    Bactericidal activity of antiseptics against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

Here is the protocol for supplementing with iodine.
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines

For those that want to supplement iodine, it maybe best to follow an iodine friendly dr that can monitor for thyroid issues.
    The protocol takes into account the necessary co supplements that help with bromism (acne from bromides in breads, cereals, pastas, etc), helps sodium iodide symporter defects and peroxidase which can come from thyroid antibodies.
    Vitamin C helps the symporters
    Selenomethionine stops the thryoid peroxidase
    Livedo vasculitis successfully treated with iodide
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12634944
    Potassium iodide in the treatment of erythema nodosum and nodular vasculitis.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7458376

Post UPDATE:
    Found this study
    Wegener's granulomatosis successfully treated with prednisolone and potassium iodide.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7962978

One more thing in reference to your article, Dr Sydney Bush, opthamologist who can determine heart disease by looking in the eye and uses vitamin C to stop it.
    http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/bush/
    http://itsrainmakingtime.com/dr-sydn...min-c-science/
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 02-22-2015 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Added a link the fits on this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to be careful what I mention around here- I can end up with a lot of home work. lol
    Thanks for all the good info. It'll take me a bit to get through it , but I like it.

I had no idea about the effectiveness of iodine for staph. It is stunning really. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I was aware that it is still widely used even though its a pretty old 'solution' - no pun intended.

I was in a hospital in Beijing one time and had accidentally wandered into their operating theater. The conditions at this hospital were quite primitive and rudimentary. (long story) There was even a rat trap in the corner of one of the operating rooms. My companion and I happened to come upon the door way to a room that had three people in 'haze-mat' gear using a strong iodine solution to scrub down a doorway.

I thought "uh oh , what the hell went so wrong here they are destroying that doorway using iodine? - and more important ...
    WHAT AM I DOING HERE ?????? It scared me a bit knowing some really bad bug was on the loose and I was just wandering around ( I was looking for particular doctor and my 'guide' had gotten us there)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast