Thread: Calgary Vasculitis Symposium Oct. 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Calgary Vasculitis Symposium Oct. 2

Hi Gang,

My doc passed this info on to me and allowed me to pass it on.

There is a Vasculitis Symposium in Calgary Alberta, Canada on October 2, 2014.

Patients are welcome and on this PDF there is a link to a lady who will book you into the day talks. https://findthecommonthreaddotcom.fi...ay-program.pdf

There is an evening component, but the link to the tickets isn't working. I see my doc on Friday so I'll ask for more details on linking up, or maybe Lisa (the contact from the day events) might be able to help if you want to be there for the evening. Here's the evening PDF - https://findthecommonthreaddotcom.fi...ning-forum.pdf

It would be cool to use this as an opportunity for us to meet each other in person if you're living in Alberta. That's one of the goals for the docs (network) and it should be for us too. I've sent an email to register, so hopefully we'll see you there.

Peace y'all.
    Marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, not sure it matters but this looks like it's geared towards children?
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone is going to this, maybe they could stop in and see Phil and give us a report back...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allisonquast View Post
    Marta, not sure it matters but this looks like it's geared towards children?
    I just saw Dr. Y and she's doing a small talk (they just assigned it to her) on age at onset...but it will be across the board oriented. There will definitely be stuff on Adult Vasculitis, and they will be talking about plasmapherisis, a timely topic right now for Phil.

If you check out the program, you can see which talks might be interesting to you and go out for coffee breaks for the others. If I go, that will be my MO.

Maybe see you there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    I just saw Dr. Y and she's doing a small talk (they just assigned it to her) on age at onset...but it will be across the board oriented. There will definitely be stuff on Adult Vasculitis, and they will be talking about plasmapherisis, a timely topic right now for Phil.

If you check out the program, you can see which talks might be interesting to you and go out for coffee breaks for the others. If I go, that will be my MO.

Maybe see you there.
    ok thanks. We are thinking about it! We will let you know.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How sad. The symposium is the day that Phil passes on in the same city.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    How sad. The symposium is the day that Phil passes on in the same city.
    not a coincidence. they were too busy to give decent health care to their patient... please read what I wrote here on post number 628 page 63.
    http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...tinued-63.html
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.