Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illness bingo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Illness bingo!

I need to take this one with me to the next family reunion...

Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I download like that, I got something to share but I don't know how. Thanks,
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things can be downloaded from Facebook easily, but I know you aren't on there, Dale. I wish I could help more, but I know that it has to be in the form of a URL, and there are various ways of doing that, maybe with online photo editing programs, or other things suggested on here that haven't worked for me.

Andrew or vdub, is there a way of getting it back how it was, where we could just download an image from our computer files without it having to be a URL? I think we can still do that for our avatar, so why not for images inserted into posts?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to download the picture? Just right-click on it and select "Save picture", or your browser will have some similar text.

Or did you mean that you wanted to post a picture? In that case you need to have it hosted online (upload to for instance imgur.com). Then press that image button and copy paste the link from your picture (right click on the picture on a website and copy the URL)

Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good info, Dan, but we used not to have to go through all that; if we had an image in our offline photo files that we wanted to share, we could just access it directly from there, as an alternative to having it in URL form. I don't know why it was changed, since we can still create an avatar that way.

I did just notice with my gmail (web based email) that it now has an interface for saving pics and downloading them from there. It also seems I should be able to download images from emails, since mine are online, but I think I tried that and had some trouble with it.

When I have time I'll play around with some of that stuff, but I still wish they'd change it back.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I often do is I use this free screen capture program Jing and take a screen-capture of the picture I want to have, and you can then just click a button to have it saved on their server and copy paste the link. Its quite convenient, and won't really take longer than saving a picture and uploading it to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Wegetarian,
    Liking it isn't enough--I love it! Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's cool, Dan. I'll have to save that link and try it. I've always been mystified about screen captures, never knew how to do them.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    I need to take this one with me to the next family reunion...

That is cool! I get a You don't look sick" and "My friend had something like that and her Dr cured her/him"! Or your over blowing the while thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One I get is "your joints probably wouldn't hurt as much if you lost weight". Yeah and the coyotes wouldn't howl so much if you were better looking, too.... :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast