Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illness bingo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow loosing pituitary function is huge! It would be a lot to keep all the meds going. Being very careful not to miss any. I had trouble leaking cerebral fluid. Did anyone else have that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is amazing to me that they can go through the nose and do all that, vdub, especially if they may be in another room! And I'm only just now learning that granulomas can form a shell and surround things, and can be removed in chunks. I'd sure be interested to know what my own granulomas have actually looked like, and where they went if they aren't still there! What a weird disease we have. I'm sorry you lost the lottery, but I guess 17% wasn't the greatest of odds. I'm glad you are doing as well as you are in having adjusted.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I take a few drugs. It ranges from about 18-23 different drugs per day depending on what's going on in my body. 3 of the drugs are injections, which I've actually gotten quite used to.

I keep all my drugs in a fishing tackle box all in order by what time of day I take them, but some are multiple times per day, so it gets confusing. Getting ready for a trip, like I am on now, is a real challenge. I pre-load a whole bunch of weekly pill-minder boxes. I load about 30% more weeks than what I actually need and then carry a bottle of assorted super important drugs loose in a bottle. I don't bother with having prescriptions on my bottles for customs because I'm given some drugs a thousand at a time. Instead I have letters from all my docs an my pharmitist. I've never been questioned, tho

I'm used to the ordeal by now and its all pretty much routine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pretty much routine" is a good thing! I think it's a goal we all strive for especially after so many flare ups. I'm always surprised after a flare up how I am always blind sided. Once up on the pred I can't believe I was functioning in so much pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn Donna and vdub.. I'm getting embarrassed that my brain surgery was so minor... (Not wegs related, just a beningn tumor, but I did "catch" wegs while I was recuperating from the operation). They took my operation on video, as the surgeon was one of the best in the world and there was a class full of students watching it. I did ask if I could get a copy, but no one had done that before so they weren't sure on the procedure to go through to give me it Showing it would have been a great way to get the last guests of the party to leave..
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showing it would have been a great way to get the last guests of the party to leave
    LOL!! :-) I need to rember that...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123