Thread: Constant tears?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Constant tears?

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has experienced watery eyes?
    My eyes are really watery...(looks like I am constantly crying) in the morning and afternoon but dry up and are fine in the evening. I have no pain or redness in my eyes. My Doc says its nothing to do with WG, but Its happened since I reduced my prednisone from 30mg to 15mg.
    Can anyone advise....

Thanks,
    Yvonne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I had constantly wet eyes for years, but eventually it went away. I have had lots of problems with my eyes, sinuses and eustation tubes due to Wegener's so I assumed this was just another symptom. Even though I often had tears running down my face, I did not consider it severe enought to warrant any action, but I have read another post on here from someone who had an operation to clear the drainage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yvonne,
    I don't have anything to add about your eyes-- I haven't had that happen. I just wanted to welcome you to the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I have noticed that most of the morning after I have taken , what is now my single dose of pred., my eyes are watery. Wasn't sure in the begining if that was what was causing it or not. Thought maybe allergies or lack of sleep but I know now after monthes on a morning dose that it isnt helping the watery eyes in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I have also noticed that my eyes have become more watery as my pred has been reduced. Just reduced to 30mg from 40 mg. Just figured that it was part of this crazy wegners ride. Always get valuable information on these support groups. Usually just a reader, figured I would chime in for once. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome, both bluriness and watery eyes are part and parcel of pred. I get it all day at different times and I'm down to 12mg pred and on methotrexate.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

The blurry vision because of excess tearing was a concern at first. It was one reason I thought I might not be able to drive again. It stopped at some point, but I regret not writing down when.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I ended up getting reading glasses. Especially if I try to use my eyes at the end of the day. I have always had the floaters drifting by the front of my eyes. Had it checked and nothing. Now I just watch them. I have noticed that there is more pressure in my eyes since starting the meds. And headaches are many and hard to get rid of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have a lot of blurred vision and eye pressure on pred. Even with the weekly IV hits the past few weeks, my eyeballs feel swollen, hard and very painful. Those symptoms will disappear as your pred dose drops, so hang in there. Keep an eye (no pun intended) on the headaches, though and tell your Wegs doc. Could be pred, could be Wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After starting on mtx I noticed the pressure and eye strain and pain, but for a few days now I also have this pain on the right side of my temple. It only in one little area and I can't feel it unless I put my finger on it. I told my family doc but, surprise, he just told me to watch it. I am seeing my rheumy on the 9th and will tell him as well.
    Jolanta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast