Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    He might have meant untreated, rather than treated, vasculitis patients. But I am still doubtful about the statement as a great many of us have gone untreated for longer than that without renal failure or any kidney problems whatsoever. In any case, I'm glad you are doing so well in less than a year and are completely off the meds! Feeling like you never had the disease is a strong statement and a great one. You are one of the lucky ones, and it's nice to know it is possible. Was your GPA caught early?
    Yes. I fell ill in Jan '14 and diagnosed with GPA in Feb. Yes I am really blessed. Rituxan and great Doctors! I was so sick and when I came back from my hospital stay I started reading this forum and got really depressed from reading these stories. Yet as each week passed, then months passed I felt better and better. Now I look back to May and June and I am in awe how, just totally shocked on how I recovered. I have 3 Docs, and all 3 have seen me lying in a hospital, and when I see them now at appointments I hear "There's the miracle guy" as I walk in. I mean I walk in where I had to be wheeled in a chair. I could not walk. I look at every site and cannot find anyone who had a similar experience as mine. I have seen on the Vasculitis site youtube videos of people saying they could not walk and had to basically learn how to walk again like me, but they did not get back up as fast as I did. My main Doc is amazed also. I lost the right upper lobe of my lung, but I feel great. I see my Doc to run the blood again in December, with an all good on that I will go to every six month check ups. Lung Doc says first sign of blood though, come in asap. I just wanted to add that the way I feel now has blown me away, and I really hope that others who fall ill get diagnosed quickly, and that those who are going through really tough times pull through and get better. I really feel so blessed.
    Last edited by Bing505z; 09-24-2014 at 02:14 PM.