Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack - Rembered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember the jack posted a photo of himself (or a link) but 've not been able to find it. So if anyone does come across it, please let me know. Thanks
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember what I can't forget - I will never forget Jack Leonard Cohen - I Can't Forget - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a large dollop of Kismet, synchronicity call it what you will, but todays paper has a whole feature about Leonard Cohen, including a photo of him wearing what could be the same suit and hat! and analysing his upcoming new release, "Popular Problems" (Ha could be about this Forum!)

What caught my eye were a couple of quotes which seemed to fit my image of Jack.

The first one was the correspondents impression of LC, "Gentle humility and poise, his openess and kindness to strangers, and his fantastic eloquence, wisdom and humour"

Later on in the article, LC said, " We all live lives that are tethered to the circumstances in which we find ourselves, so in a certain sense everyone is born in chains. There are moments of liberation (pred free?) and moments of captivity. Life seems to move between these two polarities"

He followed up with, "Yeah the scene is blown up, but you can't keep lamenting the fact. There is another position. You have to stand in that place where there used to be a street and conduct yourself as if there still is a street"

It could be that LC and Jack were united by more than an Avatar; I'd like to think so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack was the first person here to yell at me to get to a proper wg doctor. I imagine him checking in on me periodically. He is probably shaking his fist at me as I am writing this...
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone mentioned al. Al did not like me. He used to get me so mad. Only phil knew this and he would sometimes try to explain me lol to Al. It never worked but the effort was much appreciated. Funny thing, my picture, avatar or what ever it is was directed towards Al. He was giving me the third degree on my current avatar at the time. It was danareys stor born of the game of thrones. I googled flipping the bird and under images this pic of the bird popped up so I used it. Al's response..."I guess this is directed to me Leigh?" I could not believe he got that. Such a smart man. I think he would have liked me if he'd known me. Maybe.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well another year has nearly passed, Geoff and Hammy visited me and the Baron again. all three of use now in the 60 year old club. Geoff even made it to Whitby Yorkshire told him to raise a cup of coffee to Jack we never did manage to meet up and the café at the bottom of the hill .
    23rd September a day to remember but he is always with us !! DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all cope with death and the dead in our own way.

I always like to spend a moment or two once or twice a week just thinking their names - in the sad believe that they get points for being remembered. I have no idea what happens to those points but am comforted that I have 'done my bit' !
    Mind you I think with Alysia on Phils team, he might just be winning

This forum is a lifeline to those who arrive here scared and confused and seeking information into a world of problems. They get advice from those who are or have 'ridden the roller-coaster' of Wegeners.

Jack was a 'sage' in this respect but, he not only gave but learnt a lot about himself in the process. He is and will be missed by those he helped and joked with. Below is a comment from Jacks family after his death -

"Once again thank you for being such great friends to Jack, we know that this site meant a lot to him. He will be/is greatly missed, but he is living on through our memories and will be forever more. His family and friends can't thank you enough for all of the support you all gave him throughout the years, he was glad he was able to help others who were going through similar sort of things."

As individuals we can all do a lot for others and in remembering Jack, I try to thank all the wegis who have moved on to the other side.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    I second everything you've just articulated so beautifully.

Jack was the first to send me a warm welcome to this forum after I posted my intro/battle story. I immediately felt welcome and safe. Jack was an amazing man, and always felt like the wisdom behind everything, the benivalent patriarch. He helped me out of some tight jams in my early days and despite never meeting him in person, I felt like I had him in my corner. I remember talking to him about his avatar one time, and why he chose it, he said because Leonard Cohen was one of his two favorite artists, the other being The Gorillaz. I said, why not have some fun and change your avatar to your other favorite band? See what happens. So he did - https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Gorilla...66134214367080 and it lasted no more than a day.... lol.... it makes me laugh, there was an uproar...it was funny. It wasn't much later that he actually put his real photo from before WG as his avatar. Ever since Jack, I can't look at a photo of Leonard Cohen and not get a little butterfly in my stomach feeling like Jack's around.

He gave great advice and he made me laugh and see hope where before there appeared to be little. His passing hit me like a brick.... a ton of bricks.

Those were the days, when I needed this place most in my life - right after diagnosis, there was this incredible mix of energies all working towards keeping our collective as healthy and 'normal' as we can.

Jack was the wisdom, kindness, pespective gained with having to deal with this disease through those early difficult days when it was all experimental and being one that survived their experiments much longer than most.

Sangye was the practical, scientific encyclopedia with a very healthy mix of empathy and compassion. Sangye is pretty active on Twitter where she has over 6600 followers. She's helping all kinds of other souls, animals, birds... she spreads a very beautiful message, widely.

Lightwarrior was exactly that, Christy was a warrior spreading light. She was a nurturer and a healer, perfect for being a nurse in real life. She had a positive view of everything, it was magical to watch. Sadly, we also lost her way too early.

Al came after I had stabalized and was less active here, but we connected and I saw him as the academic of the crew. Finding research and being our go to if you wanted a science journal broken down into English. Al and I had many great discussions on the Autoimmune Disease research/awareness under one umbrella. Al too, lost the WG battle.

Phil rounded off the energy on here, that was my ever present friend, with his welcoming and wealth of personal experience. Phil has suffered greatly at the hands of WG and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and compassion. He has spent most of his young life under the clutches and has chosen to share his experience to help others rather than turning inward. Phil and I have had our little scraps here and there, but that's to be expected of family - especially family where everyone is on pred.

My best wishes go to Phil, and he better not stop his Saskatchewan-scrappy, pool-cue-waving, self from kicking some whoop-ass on this lung issue right now. I know you have it in you Phil. I know that every fairy tale has to have an antagonist, but they all get beaten in the end, so let's get on with the fairy tale part please. Sending Phil my best wishes, brightest light, and healingest ju jus, because this story has only just begun.

Jack, Lightwarrior, and Al, a triad whose passing, so close to each other, shook me to the core. It was too much in too short a time.

One is too much!

But now I feel like I have them closer somehow.

Thanks Hammy for bringing Jack back.
    makes me chills to read this one, marta.... you are counting our dead friends... and even though Phil was still alive at that time he is on the list....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP dear Jack. I only got to know you through your posts and other's about you...
    I bet you are having great WG Forum up there, with all our best experts, my sweet dr. Phil and dear Barbara ...
    Just like you and the others welcomed each one of us when we just came here, you will all be welcoming us when we will join you...
    actually my Phil will come to take me in person.
    it will be heaven.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast