Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack - Rembered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - what can I add to the illustrious contributors in this post / thread. Such good advice has been gleaned from all, both current and, sadly, past it makes me feel humble. Please keep up the good work. It is the energy that comes from this forum that I am sure keeps many of us sane and lifts us through the harder times. Hopefully too it helps the many who do not join but just graze and browse our site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack and Sangye were the first people that brought me some sense of this disease. I have the anniversary of Jack, Lightwarrior and Al on my calendar so to make sure they will never be forgotten. And Sangye, I think of you quite often and hope all is well. That being said Phil would really like that Triumph, he too is a "car guy". Maybe someone could get him a picture?
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same from me too

At the moment the tears are rolling for these people

Jack was the very first person to send me a message to let me know that everything will be alright. This morning I looked at the thread about Phil, which is the first thing I do each morning.
    I wish I had of looked at this thread first because seeing the picture of Jack's avatar that Hammy currently is using - scared the #### out of me.
    Well maybe scared is not the correct word, but certainly brought up many emotions

Drz was the next person to send me a message to see how I was doing and then Lightwarrior and Al. (don't you dare go anywhere drz)

Christi and I were friends on facebook and had many a great game of words with friends.
    Phil and I are also fb friends and most times (well nearly all of the time) he wins words with friends, against me.

I always look forward to seeing Sangye put up a few posts and I'm glad that you are doing well. I don't do Twitter.

Thankyou Hammy for remembering and helping us remember Jack and the others that have helped us (and still continue to do so) on our juorney.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not particularly eloquent, but these folks are all people that are very missed.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegener's may be the worst thing that has happened to me, but this forum may be the best, in many ways. Isn't that ironic? It is people like these three who we've lost, and all the others mentioned who are fortunately still with us, and many more, who make it an actual life changing experience, not only to have the medical condition, but to belong to this forum and know you all. Let us not forget the others we've lost, such as our dear Barbara and some who were not here long enough for us to know well. I love you all like family.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first came to this forum, I found myself reading many of Jack's posts. It took me awhile to realize that he had passed on. It really brought me up short to think that such a vital and personable man, so willing to share his hard-won expertise was gone from this world. When I search for Jack - I get his avatar etc - but none of his posts or comments. What am I doing wrong? I would love to "hear" his voice again!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammy,
    Thank you for remembering how Jack touched us all. When I first joined, as others have expressed on here, he greeted me with a welcoming intro. Many of my family thought it was a bad idea for me to be on here and read others stories. I would tell them of all the people like Jack, whom could answer all the questions that I had to ask and calm the waters. I really know how I would have dealt with some the issues I had if it weren't members like Jack, he was like fatherly advice with the experience and knowledge of Wegs. I now just also lurk and try to keep up but it is hard. The people we have lost were amazing to the all chatted with them and I miss them too dearly. Thanks to all who have stepped up to help lead others with their journeys. I know that they are all still with us in their own way.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    When I first came to this forum, I found myself reading many of Jack's posts. It took me awhile to realize that he had passed on. It really brought me up short to think that such a vital and personable man, so willing to share his hard-won expertise was gone from this world. When I search for Jack - I get his avatar etc - but none of his posts or comments. What am I doing wrong? I would love to "hear" his voice again!
    Jacquie, I just gave this a shot and hope I can repeat what I did. I went to his profile page via Community and Member List at top of page. There was nothing on the page, but over in the left sidebar there was a button for Forum Posts, I think it said. That took me to his 20 pages of listed posts, not replies to other people's threads, but on threads that he started, including posts from his daughter at the end. Page 1 was the end and I guess page 20 was the beginning, when he first started posting, though I didn't look that far. These are listed with the thread titles and the first sentence of the post, and then you click to get to the actual thread. I hope I got it right and it works for you. I think you can also access a person's profile and posts just from their avatar on any page.
    Last edited by annekat; 09-17-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Jacquie, I just gave this a shot and hope I can repeat what I did. I went to his profile page via Community and Member List at top of page. There was nothing on the page, but over in the left sidebar there was a button for Forum Posts, I think it said. That took me to his 20 pages of listed posts, not replies to other people's threads, but on threads that he started, including posts from his daughter at the end. Page 1 was the end and I guess page 20 was the beginning, when he first started posting, though I didn't look that far. These are listed with the thread titles and the first sentence of the post, and then you click to get to the actual thread. I hope I got it right and it works for you. I think you can also access a person's profile and posts just from their avatar on any page.
    I will give it a try!!! Thanks!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    I will give it a try!!! Thanks!!
    I think I could have been wrong, and it does show all his posts, whether he started the thread or not. You will find out! And once you click on a post, you will find the entire thread including everyone's posts. I just don't have the energy to go there right now.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast