Thread: You have control!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You have control!

Hello everyone-

So I have been on this site for a few months now, and I really like it. But there is one thing- there is a ton of complaining to problems you can easily fix! I know it seems like this disease and medication can totally take over, but you can't give up on your life. There are so many things you can do; eat healthy, exercise (even just go outside), sleep, or anything that doesnt involve this! You are not a disease, its just a bump in your life. I understand that some of you have limitations, but I really want you guys to go out there and try your hardest to have fun with your life. So get off this computer and start living!
    ~everyday is another chance~

dx December 30th 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with your post murmur, I bet we have all had those days that we don't feel like moving off the couch but we do need to pursue our interests.
    The year after I was diagnosed I still went to the local car races but I didn't sit at the top of the stands much as I did before due to getting light headed due to my lungs and blood pressure however I still tried to go.
    I hope your post will inspire others to do what they loved before getting sick and feeling they can't do " that " anymore.
    Dx'd December 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advice but I just wish I would have known about this site at the onset of my WG! I could have used a place to bounce questions and concerns to. Between all the bronchoscopies, laryngoscopes, dilatations of the sub glottis all the different procedures I had never been through before left me a bit apprehensive and it would have been nice to talk to someone who had been through it! That's why I think these sites are helpful! Yeah we all have to go on living and not let WG rule our lives but learn to live our lives with WG but it never hurts having resources available to help educate yourself! Keep up the good work! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wish the people with success stories and positive results would also reply but I guess they are out living!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is different in how they are affected by the disease. I'm certainly in the milder end of the spectrum and other than flares it doesn't really impact my life the way it does others, largely because it was caught early enough for me. There are others though with sever lung or other organ damage that do not have the same ability to get back out there the way I do. I do think what you are saying is true to an extent, but I'd caution that it's not simply a matter of just getting over it for many sufferers.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brew22 View Post
    I do wish the people with success stories and positive results would also reply but I guess they are out living!!
    It's a fact that when people are doing well they are not on as much. I know that when things are going really well for me I don't keep up the same way I do when I'm feeling ill again. That's pretty much natural.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that you should always live the best life you can. Bob your words are so true, every person with wegs has a different journey and some are recovering at a slower pace. It is always great to hear positive stories on fellow weggies recoveries. For those that are just getting out for dr. appts., this forum is a great source to communicate with others. One day soon I really hope to have the control, since I was very physically active before dx and kind of a control freak, that is truly my goal.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear your words , and yes have fun with life - but it can be bloody hard some days !!!
    This site has been a true friend to me - help & advice - don't knock people looking for support !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very judgmental post, murmur.
    I am at the point where eating healthy is the only thing I can do right now along with taking meds and going to the doc. Sleep and a normal O2 rate are luxuries I haven't enjoyed in weeks.
    I come here to visit with others so I don't feel so alone.
    Thisvpost felt like the "you don't look sick" and "hey! At least it's not cancer" jerks I am trying to avoid.
    now I'm cranky. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair I think people need this site more when they are feeling down and unwell. Thats what it is for. Of course people should live the best life they can. I sometimes judge people if I think they use any illness as an excuse to opt out of life....and their responsibilities. But I am learning to stop that, as you never know what hurdles people face. Also we don't have control over the disease...yet...it is a sneaky one. But we do have control to how we react to it..and how much we let it "take" from us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast