Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Poo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh Poo!

Thursday is Global Handwashing Day. Who knew? It's the closest we Weggies are gonna get to a day that focuses on our needs!

These short films are a must-see for anyone who's serious about, um, poo. Totally made me laugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute, should be a must see in primary school
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is also FeelBetter Day. It's international, and includes all species.

I figure if people do a better job washing their hands, then FeelBetter Day can become a reality for Weggies!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thursday is Global Handwashing Day. Who knew? It's the closest we Weggies are gonna get to a day that focuses on our needs!

These short films are a must-see for anyone who's serious about, um, poo. Totally made me laugh.
    I used hand washing as the theme for my latest blog, which I shamelessly promote to you now. I borrowed Sangye's animated toilet talks for the blog, and attached a link from my blog to her blog for people who aren't on this forum. It is an excellent example of what blogging can be is managed well!

I don't know how you do it, Sangye. Your blog is an amazing thing! http://sweetnotalways.blogspot.com/ <<< And there's the link to it.

I highly recommend everyone take a look at it now, if you haven't read it lately because there is an excellent accounting of the national health care debate that goes on while 45,000 Americans die each year because they can't pay the price for health care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Doug. I love what you said on your hand washing piece, "Wash yer dang hands!" Sometimes it's all I can take not to throttle someone for ignoring it. And BTW, that was a great post on abuse. I agree-- it's always hardest to have compassion towards the abusers or the perpetrators of any violence. But it's probably the one thing they don't know how to give themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a HUGE jar of hand sanitizer next to the main desk at my Super 8. Handling money and key cards that people have touched makes this immunosupressed weggie more than nervous. My hands are dry, but they are clean
    lisa coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sanitizers with aloe really help keep my hands from drying out. I ran out of the aloe one and have been using plain for about a week. My hands are all dry and cracked! But clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that I take very few precautions against infection and although I have plenty wrong with me, this is not one of the things that trouble me. There was a time when I was always suffering from some minor infection, but the Co-Timaxazole put a stop to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it's why I rarely get sick and didn't take bactrim when I was on ctx again the past 4 months. My Wegs doc didn't push it, either-- he knows I'm so careful.

Becoming so mindful was one of the most difficult transitions for me to make. In holistic health, we don't believe in the Germ Theory-- ie, that the mere presence of a germ makes you sick. We believe that it's the status of one's immune system that determines whether or not one gets sick. (This is why you won't see many holistic docs rolling up their sleeves for vaccinations) My practice was 50% pediatrics, and because chiropractic treatment balances the immune system, I always encouraged my patients to bring their sick babies and kids in, even with fevers, etc.... I was exposed to everything all the time, and never got sick.

Once I got Wegs I had to learn how to pay attention to what my hands touched, who I was around, etc... It was very painful, totally unnatural. Now it's just a habit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be a good practice to adopt and obviously won't do the harm that permanent antibiotics cause.
    I used to be paranoid about cleanliness when I was on dialysis. If any of the equipment or my hands touched a surface that I had not sterilized during an exchange I would throw it away and start again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast