Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Poo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, money has been shown to be filthy.

When someone sticks out their hand to shake hands, I say, "I'm on drugs that wipe out my immune system. If I shake your hand I'd have to clean it in front of you and that might offend you." They always take back their hand and reassure me.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Yes, money has been shown to be filthy.

When someone sticks out their hand to shake hands, I say, "I'm on drugs that wipe out my immune system. If I shake your hand I'd have to clean it in front of you and that might offend you." They always take back their hand and reassure me.
    That is more sensitive than what I said to a corporate visitor to the factory where I used to work. When I was introduced, she, of course, put out her hand to shake it. I said, clearly without considering job ramifications, "What I have can't kill you, but what you might have can kill me!" I was in the early stages of treatment then, so that may explain what I said! Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhhh you are so nice to explain your behavior to others. I have had no trouble just cleaning in front of people. That anti bacterial bottle is alway nearby.
    I also have no trouble grabbing a rag and wiping down door handles and counter tops in front of people. I just assume they think I am nuts.

Oh wait a minute......i am!

coffeelover looking for a good pumkin cake recipe? The one I tried today needs work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing all these precautions you are taking, I just have to repeat what I have said in an earlier post.
    I take no precautions at all other than washing my hands when I go to the toilet and although I have plenty of problems, catching infections does not seem to be one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, aren't you also on Bactrim? That might explain. I'd rather take precautions than take antibiotics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are right, and it did stop the infections, but probably contributed towards killing my gut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get your gut back. It'll take a lot of work, but it's doable. Guts are very forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think I should be trying to repopulate it, even though I intend to keep taking the Co-Trimoxazole? Can this work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, obviously it's not the same as repopulating it once antibiotics are stopped, but it does help. (Also, I think you're not on daily antibiotics, just a few times a week? If so, that's even better) Think of it like having an oil leak in your car. Adding oil keeps the engine running, even if it doesn't fix the oil leak.

Doug Guest

Was that a diarrhea reference?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast