Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Poo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pay such close attention to doorknobs, etc... that I could tell you everything my hands touch each day. I push open doors using the back of my arm instead of my hands, press elevator buttons with something I'm carrying, etc.... Sometimes I just use my left hand for public surfaces until I can get to hand sanitizer. That way I know one hand is okay if I need to touch my face. As soon as I get home I wash my hands to avoid dragging home unwanted friends. I don't want Wegs--my BFF-- to get jealous, you know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought I was the only one that did that You don't see anyone taking care with what they touch. ATM's are a hotbed of crap. I use my car keys to press the buttons. Don't know if it's the same elsewhere but when you go to a public loo say in a shopping centre, you have to pull the doors open on the way out AFTER you've washed your hands. Seems silly to me to instantly have to use something that is obviously skanky as soon as you're clean again In these cases I use my shirt or my sleeve to open the door. I get some wierd looks but that's ok. I'm not the one pooing through the eye of a needle.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To leave a public restroom I use a paper towel to open the door. Door handles are one of the most germ-ridden surface. Studies have shown the bathroom doorknobs in public restrooms have more (and more virulent) germs than the toilet seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yup I'd believe that. That's because only 12% of people actually bother to wash their hands.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Yup I'd believe that. That's because only 12% of people actually bother to wash their hands.
    Yuck! I would have guessed more, but all it takes is the one before you to leave a smear of unlovelies to contaminate your hands! I use a sleeve or towel to get out of public toilets, too. For that matter, I do the same no matter where I go. Laugh as they might, those who don't take reasonable precautions are in for trouble!
    Last edited by Doug; 10-27-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you use a sleeve, you're carrying all those friends with you for days. If you can't use a paper towel, use your hand and use hand sanitizer as soon as you leave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately sanitizer has become my second BFF and I don't leave home without it.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Yuck! Of course you carry the nasties with you on a sleeve if you use it for a barrier guard! The paper towel is the better choice. In restrooms without paper towels, the antibacterial towelettes are a good choice to use after exiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Makes you wonder exactly what you're getting when you meet someone and shake their hand.....

"Hello, pleasure to meet you, just one moment while I sanitise"
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just what I did, my accountant came in with a cold, I shook his hand before realizing this, when he said he had a cold I brought in my sanitizer and every few minutes washed my hands and stuck it up my nose. Didn't care how it looked.
    My secretary always uses the sanitizer after handling money.
    Jolanta

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast