Likes Likes:  203
Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news. Alysia, he was blessed to have known your love. I wish you peace and comfort right now as you mourn his incredible loss. Please take care of yourself as much as possible right now. My thoughts and prayers are also with his family tonight.
    --- a.k.a. Karen

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." -- Art Linkletter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad to learn of this loss. Heart with you, family and friends. No more words.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad. He will be missed by many
    Faith.Hope.Love.
    Fighting Since 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what to say. I've been staring at this blank box for what feels like hours. It's been an hour. It feels like more. Days maybe? I don't know. I can't find the words.
    I've known that Phil was in the hospital, and I eagerly awaited Alysia's posts so that I could know that he was OK. I prayed for him every day. I hoped against hope and wished against time that he would pull through. It seemed certain that he would. I don't know how or why I felt that, but I felt that he would.
    It doesn't seem real. It's also a major eye opener for me. Isn't it always when we lose one of our own? Phil was our own. He was outspoken, hardheaded and extremely knowledgable in his condition. He was a friend to all of us newbies and oldies alike. He always sent me a message when something wasn't right to check in.
    How can he not be here anymore?
    There is only one small consolation in this ... Alysia was at his side. Sweet girl who is thousands of miles from home having to face this alone. I wish I could hug you and let you cry. I am so glad that you were with him, giving him that love and happiness he needed before he moved on from this world to the next. Phil had strong beliefs and he's in a much better place now with a body that works much better than the one he had here.
    Phil, you will be missed on the forum, on Facebook, and in life. Say hello to Barbara and all the others that went before you.
    To all of us left behind. I love you all and we are in this together.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult to believe the news that greeted me tonight when I opened the forum, but at the same time it wasn't totally unexpected. I'm glad that Alysia and Phil found each other if for only a few months. Unfortunately, Alysia has to carry-on alone. I feel as bad for Alysia as I do for Phil. Very sad day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry to hear of Phil's passing. We all lost a great friend and advisor. I'm sorry, Alysia, that you and Phil couldn't spend more time together, at least you made his last few days more bearable. My thoughts and prayers will always be with you, with Phil and with Phil's parents. May he rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm devastated to hear this. Phil was part of our original group here, back when there weren't too many of us and we were like a close family. We all used to check in with each other every morning and share some laughs. Jack is gone and now Phil. My heart is just broken and yet I'm so glad I was able to know Phil. We talked on the phone a couple times too. He had the best laugh. May he never know suffering again.

Much love to you, Alysia. I cannot ever thank you enough for caring for him all the way to the end the way you did. I'm glad he died with love in his life. All my prayers are with you, his family and friends.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it is a time of great sorrow, and a time to mourn, it is also a time to reflect and celebrate the great life he lived. He no longer suffers. He no longer feels any pain. My deepest condolences ….Rest in peace Phil …..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a rare poster and frequent reader, one of many I imagine who has been informed by Phil's knowledge, heartened by his humor, and rooting for him during this latest and final struggle. I was at Mayo for a checkup last week and happened upon this outside of a restaurant near the Clinic. Perfect. We will remember.

DD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Phil

Ive been in shock since i got home this afternoon and read the post on FB. Phil was there for me since my daughter was diagnosed. i always knew who to go to when i had any worries. He was a a sweet soul always caring about others and never complained about his own disease. He had a strong belief in his religion and his soul was ready to go. i just finished reading a post he wrote here in the beginning of this post. He mentioned being ready when his time came. I read that today and i cried. His physical being wanted to live, he loved life , sick and all. He had found his soul mate. a wonderful angel who held his hand until the end , who prayed with him and fought with him until the end. Today I feel his death was unfair. I'm mad and sad. i will never forget you Phil.

Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast