Likes Likes:  203
Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were so many mistakes made along the way. If there is a sympathetic doctor out there, somewhere other than this hospital, maybe he or she can help piece together the cumulative effect that these mistakes made on Phil. Here was a person so weakened to begin with, and every mistake just made him weaker. And then we need something very specific about the opiate that was given and why it was wrong and how it contributed to his death. The hospital might say he got better after it was stopped, so it couldn't be that. I would like to know more specifically why he got the high CO2 levels and stopped breathing; I'm not clear on which happened first. They count on us not understanding these things, I'm sure.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collected my claims to first paper and sent to the lawyer. I have 3 basic accusations:
    1. the med that killed him, that fentanylt (narcotoc, opoids) - they didnt prevent its farther damage after he almost died from the overdoze of it. plus the fact that they shouldnt have given it to him at all !!!
    2. the infections that he got there, like the Ecoli that almost killed him and brough him to the ICU and the fact that eventough I asked from day number one to keep him in a clean room they didnt listen to me.
    3. the fact that they didnt consider his wg as a factor that might be active only untill it was late, only one vasci docs saw him only once at the ICU, when it was too late. he didnt come back to follow his case. no one before. no one after.there was another doc who was not wg expert. the fact that I begged for vasci doc every day and no one came. if a vasci doc would have being involved from the beginning, like the consultation with dr. Speck, they would have givven him long ago the Igiv which made his white blood count normal. there was NO treatment considering the fact that he has wegener. ignorance, arogance, neglect and malpractice.

it helped me to write it all down. to evacuate my rage at that hospital.

EVERY WEGGIE READING THIS: DONT EVER GO TO "FOOTHILLLS MEDICAL CENTER" AT CALAGARY UNLESS YOU FOUND OUT THAT THEY CHANGED THEIR WAYS.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    When God decides it is time to go home then I will go home.
    I wonder if he means "home" in Swift Current or heaven.....

I miss my sweetie so much. feeling like hell.....
    nothing comfort. only he could. but he is not here.....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh honey I wish I / anybody could help
    But I know we can't
    Your in hell missing your man . Wanting answers .
    I am praying for you both x
    Words fail me
    X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I collected my claims to first paper and sent to the lawyer. I have 3 basic accusations:
    1. the med that killed him, that fentanylt (narcotoc, opoids) - they didnt prevent its farther damage after he almost died from the overdoze of it. plus the fact that they shouldnt have given it to him at all !!!
    2. the infections that he got there, like the Ecoli that almost killed him and brough him to the ICU and the fact that eventough I asked from day number one to keep him in a clean room they didnt listen to me.
    3. the fact that they didnt consider his wg as a factor that might be active only untill it was late, only one vasci docs saw him only once at the ICU, when it was too late. he didnt come back to follow his case. no one before. no one after.there was another doc who was not wg expert. the fact that I begged for vasci doc every day and no one came. if a vasci doc would have being involved from the beginning, like the consultation with dr. Speck, they would have givven him long ago the Igiv which made his white blood count normal. there was NO treatment considering the fact that he has wegener. ignorance, arogance, neglect and malpractice.

it helped me to write it all down. to evacuate my rage at that hospital.

EVERY WEGGIE READING THIS: DONT EVER GO TO "FOOTHILLLS MEDICAL CENTER" AT CALAGARY UNLESS YOU FOUND OUT THAT THEY CHANGED THEIR WAYS.
    All those sound valid and worth pursuing.
    They should have been consulting with a vasculitis team.
    Where was his normal weg's dr?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending you love and prayers, Alysia. May you find peace and be well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, you are AMAZING, to be already contacting the lawyer and doing so much work on this case, in the state of mind you are in. I understand your motivation to jump in and do it. But many people would just not have it in them at this point. You have my complete admiration. I wish that could help you to feel better, but I doubt it..... But maybe the act of doing this will help you find peace, like we all want for you so much.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Alysia, you are AMAZING, to be already contacting the lawyer and doing so much work on this case, in the state of mind you are in. I understand your motivation to jump in and do it. But many people would just not have it in them at this point. You have my complete admiration. I wish that could help you to feel better, but I doubt it..... But maybe the act of doing this will help you find peace, like we all want for you so much.
    Making the hospital aware of the deficits in their care for Phil might help some other Weggie survive their care in the future. I think that would please Phil if some on-going improvement can result from this.

Is there any panel or review board in or/for the hospital that can review and identify mistakes made in patient care with an eye to improving their care in the future?
    Last edited by drz; 10-09-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    All those sound valid and worth pursuing.
    They should have been consulting with a vasculitis team.
    Where was his normal weg's dr?
    his wg doc was in another city, Regina, 10 hours drive away.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    thanks. it was just a way to evacuate my huge rage at the hospital..... they killed my sweetie. they shouldnt have.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast