Likes Likes:  203
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today it is 7 months since my sweetie flied to heaven with his Batman's wings...
    I wrote to him the following:

Too far away from you, in time and in space,
    Too far away from your warm good embrace,
    Where the waves are crashing from the sea to the shore,
    Your girl tearful sitting, her heart is so sore,
    Dreaming of the days that her sunshine had shone,
    Those were the days before you had gone,
    Madly missing your cute smile, your good eyes, your smell,
    God is keeping you with him, you must be perfectly well..
    If you only could come now and hold her again,
    She would be so blessed by your presence, forever. Amen
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still thinking of him (and you) almost daily Alysia, it still doesn't seem real to me that Batman is gone.

I remember him joking with me he would get the Bat jet and fly over to England to see me. I honestly was looking forward to meeting him one day. Will have to wait to meet him in the after life.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I'm still thinking of him (and you) almost daily Alysia, it still doesn't seem real to me that Batman is gone.

I remember him joking with me he would get the Bat jet and fly over to England to see me. I honestly was looking forward to meeting him one day. Will have to wait to meet him in the after life.
    Thank you so much Sam. it means a lot to me. I don't want that Phil will be forgotten..
    we used to plan his trip to Israel too. when he had nights of bad coughing and nebulizing and anxiety we were making virtual trips in Israel, and I took him to many holy places... this way it was more calm to endure the stress of trying to cough out chunks that made him too short of breath. he suffered much beyond anything he shared. he was too humble, shy, and brave to tell about it. he shared with me, I saw him on skype, I saw him when I was with him. he suffered horribly. when I think about it, I say to myself that now he is in peace, no more suffering and pains, no more fears and dread, just joy in the presence of God, to whom he is so devoted...

maybe he does visit you now, Sam, sweet kind soul... if you need him to help you, talk to him in your heart. or ask me to talk to him.
    many times I talk to him and get an "answer". maybe I will post about it....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, don't be afraid, we won't forget him. We may not always write about him but we still remember him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Alysia, don't be afraid, we won't forget him. We may not always write about him but we still remember him.
    thank you for your kind words. it is precious to me.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can see my beautiful Phil in this video in the last minute of it. go to the end, and then about one minute back. he is wearing black shirt and you can recognize him by his cochlear implants and by his walking like a prince. he had a slowly majestic way of walking. I miss him so much.... tears are endless....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dX7psdW6KQ
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My youtube was not working quite right but I did see Phil briefly.... yes, he looked princely. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    My youtube was not working quite right but I did see Phil briefly.... yes, he looked princely. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Anne.
    this video is from august 2013. when I came a year later, my prince Phil was walking much slower. even before the hospital, in our romantic trip, every couple of steps he needed to rest. very short of breath. it was heart breaking.
    but always he walked like a prince. even in the hospital, connected to many lines, when we went for a walk, he walked like a prince. we took a gown to put on his shoulders not to be cold, and we called it the "Batman's cape". and so I was walking around with my Batman in his cape.
    I miss him..... I love him....
    more then all the words can tell
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Forum feels so empty and sad without my sweet dr. Phil.... cold, alienated... the world feels like that....
    many new weggies who didn't know him....
    so strange to me that things continue to move on around....
    I stopped breathing at the same time he did....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    The Forum feels so empty and sad without my sweet dr. Phil.... cold, alienated... the world feels like that....
    many new weggies who didn't know him....
    so strange to me that things continue to move on around....
    I stopped breathing at the same time he did....
    I too feel the loss of his helpful voice on the forum. There is an expression in popular culture ... WWJD, meaning "What would Jesus Do". Perhaps you could change that expression to WWPS (What Would Phil Say). If you see someone with a similar problem, and you know what Phil would say...you can combine your expertise and Phil's and keep his good advice going.
    Last edited by BookNut; 05-22-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast