Likes Likes:  203
Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia - we love you so much for all you do. We are always here to support you and remember Phil with you!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Stop saying that it is not easy to be with you
    Thank you so much Michelle and Jacquie. now I cry again. good tears mixed with sad tears. I love you.
    you are both very kind. you warm my aching heart. you and others that are supporting me. it means a lot.

Truth is that not many are visiting this thread. Truth is that many unfriended me and Phil on facebook. also weggies. others just don't follow (you can know who is following you and who is not).
    one of Phil's best friends, one we had a lovely evening with, unfriended me and Phil. I dared to ask him why. I was amazed. he was considered to be one of the best friends. he said that he needs to move on with his life and advised me to do the same. One of my good friends in Israel just disappeared. Phil's father is telling me that no one is coming to visit him.
    I know that some people can't bear issues of death and grief and pain and I don't blame them for going away. I understand.
    For those who stay, it is not obvious. it is enormous kindness. so I am very grateful to you. beyond expression. God bless you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How very much this saddens me! While I do hope you find a way to bring more hap piness into your life - you need to build that happiness upon the love you had with Phil and the knowledge that he wants, more than anything, for you to be happy in this life AND the next. The best I can say about those who have "unfriended" or "unfollowed" you is that they have lost a great opportunity to honor Phils' memory, and also to learn about grief. All of us have (and will) lose someone we love beyond words. Learning how other people work through their grief is the only way we can learn different ways to cope when our time(s) come. It is a lesson of life. You must do what is right for you Alysia. Others handle their grief in a different way. They put it in a box and refuse to acknowledge the grief and try to forget the loved one. Perhaps that will work for them. I doubt it. I am sorry that they have lost both you AND Phil. It is certainly a huge loss to them. Those of us who stay with you are the ones who are blessed.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I agree with everyone here. I feel sorry for those who felt they needed to 'unfriend' you and Phil or who have stopped visiting Phil's dad or have withdrawn their friendship from you in Israel. It is very small-minded of them; though they may be basically good people, they are running and hiding from things that we all must face and will eventually, and by doing so, are hurting not only you but themselves, by denying themselves the opportunity to grow and be full human beings. It is sad. Phil's thread, and his Facebook page, will always be here for you and all of us who wish to continue honoring his memory however we see fit. We all love you and want to do whatever we can for you as you go through this unimaginably difficult grieving process. I know Phil's love will continue to get you through each day, and may ours help with that as well.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately support after death or tragedy tends to disappear rather quickly. The grieving process tends to last much longer. Some people can't accept their own mortality and thus have trouble accepting death in others and the whole process of grieving the loss caused by death. If they are emotionally unable to help support those who are grieving, they might feel uncomfortable and thus disappear. This might even be for the best since their comments are not likely to be helpful. Just appreciate and cherish the friends who are able to stick with you since they are to be treasured.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Unfortunately support after death or tragedy tends to disappear rather quickly. The grieving process tends to last much longer. Some people can't accept their own mortality and thus have trouble accepting death in others and the whole process of grieving the loss caused by death. If they are emotionally unable to help support those who are grieving, they might feel uncomfortable and thus disappear. This might even be for the best since their comments are not likely to be helpful. Just appreciate and cherish the friends who are able to stick with you since they are to be treasured.
    I do cherish and appreciate the friends who stick with me. more then I can express.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart, drz, Jacquie and Anne for your words of wisdom, kindness and support. Thank you all the others. I love you all.
    I don't blame and I don't judge those who can't stay with me in my grief. I was just explaining to Michelle above why I often write that I know that it is not easy to be with me.
    Michelle, do you now understand what I meant ?
    I guess my sweet Phil would have say now: "it is what it is".
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yesterday it was 8 months since my sweetie flied to heaven with his Batman's wings....
    I wrote to him the following:

My pure Phil, my one & only soulmate,
    since I was born, it is written on my soul,

That I shall love you to all eternity, only you make me whole,
    Death is not strong enough to set us apart,
    I love you so much, sweetie, with every beat of my heart,
    No passing time can change the way I feel,
    Crying to be one with you, my beautiful sweet Phil.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful passage Alysia. I think some people do not understand the grieving process because they have not lost someone so very close to them. And some go through grief quicker than others. Regardless one should always be there for those in need of support. It is shameless to unfriend you when you still need support.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its ok Karen if someone unfriend me. Still I have others who support me. Thank you for your kindness.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sending you my lovely lady a very large hug
    Some people find grief to hard to deal with
    Love as u shared is hard to mourn , we are here for you both
    Be strong my friend xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast