Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
blood tests continue to get better each day. But my sweetie is not feeling better. He is working very hard to breath all the time. He can almost only work on breathing. Nothing else. Eats almost nothing. With feeding tube. He is exhausted and sweating a lot all the time. Its hard for him to talk but he is very seeet and kind when he does.

I remember when I was most ill the doctors often told me if i wasn't getting worse, I was getting better. Fighting for air can be very exhausting. I and some others here had to be intubated for a week or two to get the necessary rest to allow some healing to take place. It is encouraging to me that he is able to maintain consciousness and talk with you even if he sleeps most of the time.

What the ICU doctor said about infection versus Wegs is consistent with info I got from my Wegs expert at Mayo suggesting I treat the probable infection first in my ear and around the BAHA site before exploring possible active Weg which was also listed as a possibility by reader of my bone scan of my skull. It is possible to have both infections and active Wegs at same time but it is generally safer to treat infections first before beginning treatment for active Wegs.

Glad to hear he is getting better lab numbers as I think it means he is getting better even though it may take awhile for his body feelings to catch up. Best wishes for more improvement.