Likes Likes:  203
Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic idea, Hammy. I remember when Jack died we all changed our avatars to Leonard Cohens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysa and Phil's family,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I a so sorry for your loss.

Karen, dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome idea for the avatar. And mine is now done.

Safe travels, Alysia, and I hope that you eventually feel more at peace. It is SO hard to lose someone - especially someone as close to you as he was.

I understand your anger at God and the doctors. Don't stay mad at God too long, though. Talk to Him and work things out. Phil would want that - as we all know, he was deeply spiritual. Need to talk? PM me. Do I have all the answers? Of course not. If I knew why God took him home, I wouldn't be working at my dead-end job and struggling with this disease. I'd be some kind of amazing spiritual guru or something.

But I can listen. And again, I understand all the anger. Just don't let it blind you. Reach out to all of us because we are here for you, okay?

Peace, Alysia.

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Anne. The co2 was in crazy levels. The brain was ok. But it was a matter of a bit more time that he will stop breathing with the machine as well and or that his heart will stop. His heart rate was 170. His bp was 60 over 40.
    Alysia,
    All those symptoms sound like opiate overdose.
    They use morphine to stop people from breathing in hospice.
    They should never be giving opiates to someone with respiratory problems.
    It is normally used for pain.

Also, I just remembered that opiate overdose makes the person appear asleep, but they are not sleeping.
    They just can't open their eyes or speak.
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 10-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the life of me I can't remember how to change my photo!
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    For the life of me I can't remember how to change my photo!
    Clearly I figured it out but let me tell you phil...it took me almost an hour to find this photo of batman and super girl aka phil and alysia and another 45 minutes to figure out how to change my avatar but I did it because I supose you deserve my effort
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Anne. The co2 was in crazy levels. The brain was ok. But it was a matter of a bit more time that he will stop breathing with the machine as well and or that his heart will stop. His heart rate was 170. His bp was 60 over 40.
    Thank you, Alysia. I should have read your explanation more carefully; it sounds like Phil was thinking clearly, had everything explained to him and understood, and made the decision himself to have the machine unplugged. What a brave man. And you can correct me if I have any of this wrong. There is still a lot that I don't understand, but I can do some research. Please take care of yourself and you will have to get some rest soon. I think of you all the time.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Anne, reading between the lines I believe that was Phil's advance health directive. He wanted time for prayer with a priest and after that he did not want to be kept alive by machines/intubation. He must have thought it through and made decisions in advance in the event of hospitalization.
    I'm still not clear about it all. But I do remember reading that a priest was called who prayed with him, indicating he was thinking clearly. Maybe it wasn't so much that he didn't want the machines but that he realized that in the end the machines weren't going to help. His bravery astounds me. And I see I haven't read all the posts yet so maybe there will be some more insights or information.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been lurking on this thread for a little while now but never had the courage to post. I didn't know if I could add anything meaningful. Like many others, Phil was one of the first people to welcome me to this site and I've been following his story, hoping to hear good news. I never met him but I could tell from his posts he was brave and he had a good heart. I'm very sad to hear this news. Alysia, your relationship with Phil was and still is a shining light for all of us, a reminder of reason why we all fight this disease. Sharing this struggle with all of you is my silver lining and I'm thankful to know you all, even if it's only online. Phil will be greatly missed.
    Diagnosed October 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I send my condolences to you Alysia and to his parents in the loss of Phil

Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast