Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: pberggren memorial thread

Thanks, Alysia, for letting everyone know about Daryl's passing and how much he meant to you and to Phil. Those of us who knew him on Facebook knew how, with just a few words, he could convey his special feelings for you. Warm thoughts of condolence go out to Phil's mother, Donna, and their surviving children, as well as to you and all who loved Daryl.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

2. Likes mishb, Keith, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Michelle and Anne, from the bottom of my heart, for your beautiful and comforting words, and for being here all the way. I love you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, 6 years ago, my beautiful Phil flied high with his Batman wings, to spend eternity with Our Lord.

I wrote to him:

Sweetie,

I can't believe it has been 6 years since you went home... It feels both like yesterday but also like it was ages ago... in a different universe where flights were so easy and hospitals were not too crowded.

I love you and I miss you and I still need you and also (it is weired) I feel relief that you are no longer on earth, that you are safe up there with Jesus and Mary. I couldn't have bear the anxiety of you being in risk of covid infection.

I guess you are working hard all those months, you know too well how it feels to be short of breath, coughing, sick.

You always tried to help all of us weggies, so I can imagine how you try to help those poor patients in the corona units.

And then there are all the new residents of heaven, so many who keep on coming...

I can imagine the reuion with your dear father, Daryl, having so much laugh and joy from being back together. Please tell him that I miss him and I love him with all my heart.

Sweetie, the night before I left to Israel for the first time I sent you the words:

"Some day, when I am awefully low,
    When the world is cold,
    I will feel a glow just thinking of you
    And the way you looked tonight...."

Swewtie - the world is very cold
    and dark
    and scary

And I feel awefully low

So I think of you, my beautiful sunshine -

I think about your beautiful blue eyes
    About your cute dimples
    And melting smile

About your good warm hand
    Still holding mine

I think about your tender caring
    I am still amazed -
    At how did you understand me so well - between the words and beyond them,
    When you saw me angery, you said: "I am glad I am by your side";
    When you saw me clumsy you smiled;
    When you saw me anxious you knew how to calm me down and make me smile,
    When I was sad, you said: "it's ok, you can cry, let it out";
    I wonder how was it, that while you knew me better then anyone else ever, (you knew all my faults, all the darkness that is inside me and what an uneasy person I am) - you still loved me so much - - -

(tears keep falling.. it is better then last year, when I held the tears all day long and they woke me up at 2AM)

Sweetie, please, continue to watch over us and to pray for us, especially for your beautiful mother Donna. She reminds me of you with her amazing strength, courage and wisdom, and loving kindness.

Until we neet again -

I love you,
    To infinity
    And beyond.
    Last edited by Alysia; 10-03-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes NatriceRomeo, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday in heaven, sweetie.

It's hard to believe that 7 years have passed since your last birthday on earth, since I was your last gift here.

But you have been and will allways be my precious eternal gift. I cherish the time we shared, your words of wisdom and burning Faith, your caring and kindness, your sweet eternal LOVE.

I can never thank you enough, sweetie, for leading me to find the best gift ever, which is to know and accept Jesus as My Lord and My Saviour.

"Every best gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no change nor shadow of alteration." (James 1:17)

May Jesus reward you and provide you with many blessings and eternal gifts, today on your birthday, and always.

I still need you and miss you and love you. To infinity. And beyond. Until we meet again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

8. Likes Masha, gilders, mishb, JeanMarie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday Phil and Barbara,

Missed and never forgotten.
    Diagnosed April 1995

10. Likes mishb, Dirty Don, Alysia, JeanMarie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Happy Birthday Phil and Barbara,

Missed and never forgotten.

Thank you so much @gilders. Happy Birthday to your wife. In Hebrew we say, May she be different from them by having long good life.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every year on this day, the time stands still, and I am back there, on that night in Foothills Medical Center... 7 years ago now.

... The sudden knocking on my door waking me up scared around 3am... walking fast, shaking from dread and from cold, 10 minutes walk in the empty quiet hospital to the ICU... to see my sweetie intubated in a room full of nurses and doctors, to touch his allways warm hands which are cold now...

Calling dear Donna and Daryl around 4am... they came, we understood that my sweetie will soon leave us....

I took my pred, my stomach didn't stop killing me, I was quiet at the outside, but totally broken and leaking in all my insides... so helpless, so scared, so much pain and agony, so many unbearable emotions that don't even have a name or structure.... screaming inside...

The only beam of light early on that morning was our dear Fr. McDonnell, coming fast right after I called him.
    Praying over my dying sweetie, he gave me hope. "The Litany of The Saints" - hearing it for the first time ever - so comforting - my sweetie is going to be welcomed by the saints, soon....

2 hours later he did.

I kissed his beautiful forhead one last kiss, he still had his sweet smell, I told him, "Good bye sweetie, I love you".

And I still keep on telling him so.

Later at that day, When we were out and away of this aweful hospital, I looked at the skies, searching for my sweetie. He should be up there with JESUS, I just wanted to see him, his sweet face, his beautiful blue eyes, to hold his good hands, to talk with him, to see his cute melting smile, to hear his warm voice, just to be near him, like I've always wanted. Just to be with him............

I miss you, sweetie,
    I need you,
    And I love you,

Always

And Forever.

Alysia
    dx 2008

13. Likes gilders, Dirty Don, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, 8 years ago, you went home, my sweet Phil,

And I still miss you
    and need you
    and love you

I just want to talk with you so many times,
    So I write it down to you,
    With sureness that you do read it,

And I need your help so many times,
    and ask you for it,
    And I know that you are here for all of us,

I go to Mass and I know that there you are with me, for real,
    eventhough I cant see you
    it is heavenly and peaceful,
    a kind of a glimpse into your home.

It is no coincidence that you went home on The Feast Day of The Guardian Angel

You were our guardian angel, and you still are

Thank you, sweetie, for taking care of us,
    From your joyful place
    In the presence of JESUS

Rest in peace,
    Until we meet again.

I love you to infinity
    And beyond.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

15. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so beautiful Alysia. He surely was a guardian angel for our daughter when she needed one the most, and I pray he continues to bless us.

17. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    This is so beautiful Alysia. He surely was a guardian angel for our daughter when she needed one the most, and I pray he continues to bless us.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I believe that Phil continues to pray for your daughter and to keep an eye on her.
    Last edited by Alysia; 07-08-2023 at 12:15 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast