Not sure what you mean about being put on "tube means the end". I and some others had to be intubated to save our lives. We were kept alive by various tubes to give our bodies some rest and time to heal. I know I would not have survived without this treatment. I hope Phil is able to recover without it but i don't think being intubated means the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
Update: my sweetie looks today much better. He is awake and his sense of humor is back. Still on higher oxygen. No more on bi-pap after he vommited. They still checking his blood gas. I am still afraid that they will put him on tube, one nasty doc said they might if this blood gas test will not improve enough. Tube means the end. Please pray that they will not put him on tube. We had parade of docs today: the amazing lung doc, the ICU doc that saved his life, the doc that is handling the Ivig, infectious diseases expert, and resident from rheumatology. The plan is to give him more antibiotics to cover all options and to continue the Igiv according to Igg level. Seems like the event of yesterday shaked them to start fighting for my sweetie. Please dont stop praying. Thanks for your caring. Love you.