Likes Likes:  203
Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing my beautiful dr. Phil. I need him..

2015-03-25 14.46.45_20160227101334933.jpg

To my sweetie,
    My sweet Phil, you know that: I never loved anyone the way I love you.. I never trusted any one like I trust you.. I never opened my heart in its deepest core to anyone but to you, only you. Only you healed my wounded soul. Only you melt my lonely heart. Only you understand me perfectly. Without words. Only you gave me strength I didn't know I can have. Only you brought Jesus into my Faith. No one on earth enrich me as much as you did and still doing. Thank you. I miss you all the time, and I need you like oxygen, and I love you. To infinity. And beyond. Always. And forever.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God bless you, Alysia... Beautiful writing... We miss you, Phil! Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To my sweetie:
    Phil, only when I was with you, I could have bear everything, no matter what.. heat, freeze, fatigue, pains, fears, tough times.. whatever.. It didn't even feels tough.. you have gave me so much strength & courage, security & endurance. Just by being with you, near you, for you. Just by being witness to your burning Faith. And mostly by your sweet love. I miss you all the time, you know.. I still need you, sweetie, even more.. and always will.. and I love you, to the moon & to stars & to the sun.. all the way to heaven.. trillion times & more. Always. & Forever.

2014-10-26 15.39.19.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year and half today, since my sweetie flied high with his Batman's wings...

Sweetie,
    My love for you
    Is deeper then the oceans
    Higher then all mountains
    wider then all earth...

Flying straight to you
    To embrace your pure sweet soul
    To make you smile
    Your cute melting smile
    Shinning upon us ♡♡

I also wrote to him something which I cant post here. If you want to read it please send me pm and I will attach it.
    Thank you all for being here with me, remembering our beautiful dr. Phil.

FB_IMG_1459589052247.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memory. After noon in the hospital, before my sweetie became too sick. Going for a walk with my beautiful Batman.
    Batman is asking me to help him to put on his Cape. Its the hospital's gown but for us its my Super Hero's cape. And he is even more glowing when his Cape is on.

walking slowly in the corridors. I feel so proud to walk near my Batman, can't take me eyes off him, melted by his beauty, by his majestic walking.. it doesn't matter where we walk, we have each other.

We made it down to the bench. Sitting in the sun. My heart is full. Sitting with my sweet sunshine. Breathing his sweetness. Birds near are singing. My heart is beating: Phil, Phil, Phil...

a car is stopping near us with the engine still working. I get angry at that driver and tell my sweetie that I am going to ask the driver to move away or to turn off the engine. My sweetie should not breath that stuff.
    Batman: "hun, you can't ask him that, just because you want me to breath clean air". He is amused.
    "Yes I can". And I do.
    The driver turn off the engine. Batman smiles his cute melting smile. As long as it is up to me, no one will dare to hurt my beautiful Batman. I will move mountains just to make him smile.

Then, we are going back, up to the unit. My Batman is tired. But he keeps his cute smile & kind greetings for everyone we meet on our way. Always friendly to complete strangers, always kind & caring, no matter how sick he is, how much breathing it costs him to talk, always blessings, always praying for others.

My sweet eternal blessing. Sweetie, pray for us.

2016-04-08 19.07.41.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Alysia, I know you are still suffering your terrible loss but I am glad you have such sweet memories. Love & prayers for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Memory. After noon in the hospital, before my sweetie became too sick. Going for a walk with my beautiful Batman.
    Batman is asking me to help him to put on his Cape. Its the hospital's gown but for us its my Super Hero's cape. And he is even more glowing when his Cape is on.

walking slowly in the corridors. I feel so proud to walk near my Batman, can't take me eyes off him, melted by his beauty, by his majestic walking.. it doesn't matter where we walk, we have each other.

We made it down to the bench. Sitting in the sun. My heart is full. Sitting with my sweet sunshine. Breathing his sweetness. Birds near are singing. My heart is beating: Phil, Phil, Phil...

a car is stopping near us with the engine still working. I get angry at that driver and tell my sweetie that I am going to ask the driver to move away or to turn off the engine. My sweetie should not breath that stuff.
    Batman: "hun, you can't ask him that, just because you want me to breath clean air". He is amused.
    "Yes I can". And I do.
    The driver turn off the engine. Batman smiles his cute melting smile. As long as it is up to me, no one will dare to hurt my beautiful Batman. I will move mountains just to make him smile.

Then, we are going back, up to the unit. My Batman is tired. But he keeps his cute smile & kind greetings for everyone we meet on our way. Always friendly to complete strangers, always kind & caring, no matter how sick he is, how much breathing it costs him to talk, always blessings, always praying for others.

My sweet eternal blessing. Sweetie, pray for us.

2016-04-08 19.07.41.jpg
    Alysia, it's always nice to read your poems, but this memory was especially great to read. It's so good to have a real insight in to how one of our forum greats spent his last precious time on earth.
    I never got to meet Phil in person, but when you say that he would always smile and greet strangers no matter how much he was struggling, I truly believe that and have a clear vision of him.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, JeanMarie and Pete for your kind comments and for being here. Thank you all, for being here with me and with my sweetie.

A roomate that we had, a writer, wrote a short story about my Batman. I posted it somewhere above before, but I will post it again. Its a beautiful tribute for my beautiful dr. Phil.

Always crying when I read it..
    Here it is:

“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, You make me happy when skies are grey....”
    I was sitting on my hospital bed, curtains fully closed around me, when I heard this song being sung in a low, raspy voice that I assumed came from an older gentleman.
    I felt so tired. Just how sick was I? What ward was this, anyway? Why on earth did I need an ambulance to bring me to Calgary? I have work to do, I thought. I just don’t have time for this.
    Then I heard the gentle, raspy voice singing this very old, sweet song that my parents, and probably my grandparents, used to sing. I said, to whoever sat on the other side of the curtain: “That was beautiful". The voice answered: “She came all the way from Israel for me. It’s still a dream to me.” I didn’t say any more, I couldn’t, I just sat there crying.
    A few hours later, unable to sleep, the prednisone the doctor prescribed for me did its magical work. It was described to me as the “wonderful, horrible” drug during my stay, a corticosteroid medicine often used to effectively treat inflammatory disease, but with a list of possible side effects that reads like a horror story. Overnight I felt myself growing stronger, more alert; by morning I could breathe again.
    That morning I felt up to meeting my neighbors. I said good morning to Ted, the cranky old guy across from me who had had a pretty rough night. Then I turned to meet Betty, the older woman in the bed next to me who seemed to have a constant stream of family visiting, and whose husband I had assumed to be the singer. I said again that it had been beautiful to hear, but she had no memory of hearing a song; she had probably been asleep.
    A younger couple was sitting in the far corner of the room by the fourth bed, and I turned to look at them. The moment I saw a beautiful young dark-haired woman smiling up at me, I said, “It was you.” She was the woman who had come from Israel. A young man sat next to her, also smiling, and the various tubes and machines to which he was attached made me understand why the voice I heard had seemed older.
    This is how I met Alysia and Phil. Over the next few days I learned a few things about these two. First and foremost, I learned how very much in love they are. Alysia and Phil both have Wegener's Granulomatosis, which causes inflammation of the blood vessels, which in turn restricts blood flow to various organs. It often affects the lungs and upper respiratory tract and/or the kidneys, but it can affect other organs as well. There is a world-wide network of “Weggies” who connect online, and this is how Alysia and Phil first met.
    Alysia is a beauty, a woman in her early forties who could be thirty. She is one of the most open-hearted people I have ever met, and in action, a force of nature.... I watched over the course of three days how she would immediately assess and discuss any changes in Phil’s condition with him, and if outside help was needed, she would go out into the pulmonary ward to find the person she needed to provide that help. She sat with him throughout the day, accompanied him on walks, and sat again with him into the wee hours of the night. she would wander back to her room only to catch a few hours of sleep at the end of each day.
    Phil is, quite simply, the bravest soul I have ever encountered. This thirty-something, easy-going guy is known to friends as “the Batman” for his courage and strength. He is gentle, good-humored, extremely knowledgeable about his condition, and grateful for the care he receives from everyone – doctors, nurses, family, friends, and of course his great love, Alysia. When Phil was being wheeled out of the room to have a larger tube inserted into a collapsing lung, and the tears started welling up for me again, he grabbed my hand and was the one to put me at ease. He said it was going to be OK. And it was.
    I’m not going to pretend to know much about Phil’s condition. I had a good chat with his Dad, and what I do know is that it has been a battle hard-fought, an emotional one and an expensive one as well; Medicare just doesn’t cover all the costs associated with dealing with this condition. Phil’s family come from Swift Current and are happy to do whatever they can to help. The love and admiration are obvious; they know what a remarkable man he is. As part of Phil and Alysia’s community on facebook now, I see how that love and admiration has expanded. These brave people move and inspire so many.
    So, what does one do in the face of all this love and courage?
    I still wanted to vacate my much-needed hospital bed, I still wanted to get home to my own loved ones. But Alysia and Phil had catapulted me out of myself for long periods of my hospital stay, and something significant had shifted in my thinking. It just wasn’t about me any more.
    Phil's challenges over the past weeks have been many, but the strength this man has exhibited in beating the odds has been extraordinary. He has a rock-solid sense of faith, and a world-wide community continues to pray and root for him....
    I was sad to leave my new friends, sad for them…
    Sad because the romantic and the artist in me wanted to write an epic ending to this amazing love story.
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-12-2016 at 03:04 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About 2 years ago, I watched this video, crying like crazy..
    A friend from Russia translated to me the words and songs of it. It is a love story during world war II… the man became a soldier and went to the war... He never returned…. And then there is another song, telling about the soldiers who died in the war, and became like birds in the sky…. The words written in the end are: "You are always with me, 1945".
    I cried so much because I was so afraid that my beautiful Phil might be dying... He was getting worse at those months, became more sick & skinny.. I was madly worried & helpless.. we both cried when he said that he is afraid to die without meeting me for real.. I thank God for allowing us each and every second that we shared...
    Whenever I told him that I am afraid to lose him, he told me: "you will never lose me"...
    If I could have create an art like the one in this movie, I would have also sing about my beautiful Batman.. flying high like the birds, like the angels.. and I would have also write: "You are always with me".

(Still crying like hell when I watch it, I miss my sweetie....)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-i1n9...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-26-2016 at 03:30 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19 months today since my sweetie flied high...

To my sweetie,

Memories... I was thinking about your "ears"... this is how you called your cochlear implants...
    sea of memories... oceans of tears....

.... First time that you took them off and showed me how they look like, on skype.. you explained to me with your cute naughty smile how you take them off when you don't want to hear someone...

And that time on skype, that you couldn't fell asleep almost all your night, so you went to sleep when the skype is open near you... you took your ears off, and I realised that eventhough you are sleeping just in front of me, all my coughing will not wake you up.. you couldn't hear it.. it was bitter sweet..

Then in the airport, after I was running, fast like the wind, into your good arms, totally excited.. then, clumsy me, one ear flied to the floor... oh my.. Thanks God it was not damaged and thank you, sweetie, for being so patient and gentle with my clumsiness..

And then in the hospital.. it was a blessing for you to be able to mute the non stop noises.. there were times that I wished to be able to do the same..

And those magical priceless times in which you took your ears off, but we talked with each other, without any sounds, but with totall mutual understanding, from heart to heart, from soul to soul.. in those times I felt like I am also in your buble of mute world.. I was in it.. it was mute towards the outer world, but for us it was the singing of sweet tender music, of love, of pure joy just from being together..

And that tough day when you lost cosciousness and they revived you.. and when you were back to us, the first thing that you did, was to fix your ears to hear better what the dr. is telling you.. we all smiled in relief.........

You do not need your "ears" anymore, sweetie. You can enjoy the music of the angels.. and you can hear me, now, like then, and even more - from heart to heart, in the speed of light, from soul to soul, tender music of my love for you, all the way to heaven.

2016-03-12 21.50.11.jpg
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-02-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast