Likes Likes:  203
Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to consult with you, my friends, what to do with the horrible hospital.... they killed my sweetie... I gave them a list of all their fatal mistakes on Nov 2014. Since then whenever I write to the lady from the hospital, asking for answers, she says that they are still working on it.
    we deserve to get answers. My beautiful Phil does. Me. His mother who cant sleep at nights being angry at the hospital. And more then all other patients deserve. Because its obvious that they are still doing those mistakes, killing other patients... I really doubt if a weggie can get alive out of this damn place unless he came to visit someone...
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-17-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hospital will never admit to a mistake.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    The hospital will never admit to a mistake.
    Dale
    Probably not, but they might have a quality improvement program that could address what changes might be made to improve the quality of their care and to help prevent or avoid mistakes. There might also be monitoring programs that evaluate statistics relating to the care provided at the hospital. Some of these may be outside of the hospital to help rate the quality of care in the facility. I know such programs are common in the USA but don't know anything about Canada or other countries.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel your pain and frustration, Alysia. I can only hope that when they say they are still working on it, it means something and is not just an attempt to placate you. I am not really any more optimistic than Dale or drz. Hospitals and the whole medical system are such bureaucracies, it is easy for them to let it get lost in all of that and never deal with it. Hiring a lawyer might be the only way. I think you have already looked into that to some extent. With one who specializes in such cases, I suppose there could be a chance. But it would of course be expensive. Best wishes and good luck.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for your comments.
    Its interesting because I have being waiting so long for their answer and just today when I wrote here, and then sent them an email asking again, she wrote to me that they just sent a letter to Phil's parents on regular mail. So we will see soon..
    Nothing will bring my sweetie back... at least may his death prevent others... or maybe I am too naive....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will keep my fingers crossed that the letter isn't just a 'thank you but we can't help you' letter.
    I hope it is a letter that says 'thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have now put actions in place to' etc etc
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope that something is addressed about all the issues, the Doctors orders and hospital protocols. I wonder if you ever tired to talk with somebody with the Rare Disease Organization of Canada, just to see if they had any ideas on this situation?
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    I really hope that something is addressed about all the issues, the Doctors orders and hospital protocols. I wonder if you ever tired to talk with somebody with the Rare Disease Organization of Canada, just to see if they had any ideas on this situation?
    Thank you so much Jana. I didn't know that such an organization exists. I will wait to see what the hospital will write and then we will see what next.

In one of Phil's old posts (I am reading his old posts all the time) when he was angry about the labs and wanted to vent, he said, before he started: "put on your earplugs"... so I also ask it now...

I am mad at the "vasculitis foundation canada". as far as it is up to me, they should go to hell. as some of you may remember, no wg doc saw my sweetie. they told me that dr. Girard is "on his case" and I said: "I don't want to be rude, but when was the last time he saw Phil?". he didn't. and do you know why ? because that at the same day that my sweet Phil passed, at the same hour and at the same city, actually not far away from where we were, there was "calgary vasculitis symposium". so the "good" doc was very busy, preparing his "show". he didn't really care about patient's life otherwise he should have come and give decent health care to the dying patient he was supposed to be "on his case".
    http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...m-oct-2-a.html
    not only him. another "good" doc from the vasculitis foundation, who also gave her sophisticated lecture at that day, and who was living and working very close to us, in Calgary, to whom I wrote an email asking her opinion and help about my dying Phil, was negotiating with me more then a week, how will she come, who should invite her, etc. etc. until it was too late. sure it was too late because she only was free to come after her "show". and then when Phil's mother talked with her on the phone asking if she can help to diagnose the cause of death, she said that most weggies died because of an infection they cant deal with and this is what she thinks that happenned. she didn't really bother to check. she sure didn't want to spoil her reputation. arrogant docs. heartless. soul less (if there is such a word in English). I am sick of them....

and as my sweet Phil wrote on his post when he was done venting: now you can take off your earplugs.
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-24-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad I didn't use earplugs. All that made perfect, heart-breaking sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    I'm glad I didn't use earplugs. All that made perfect, heart-breaking sense.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart. your support means to me more then you know.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast