Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: pberggren memorial thread

Alysia,
    I know that every day you think of Phil, but this time of year must be harder for you.
    Carry on thinking about him, but try not to get too upset. You know all Phil would want is for you to be happy and healthy.
    Hope everything went well with your WG Dr appointment and you're feeling well.
    I was back at transplant clinic today and they've moved me from fortnightly appointments to monthly, so they must be happy with my progress. I'll update my "Transplant" thread once I've received my blood test results.
    Diagnosed April 1995

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much my friends, for your caring and kind words. You warm my heart. I love you. Thank you for being here.

I share here things which I don't share on facebook. I don't want to make Phil's parents more sad then they already are. They are both too sick. His dad has COPD and he feels too bad.

Most of the time I am not sad anymore, I mostly feel blessed to have my beautiful Phil, his sweet eternal love and the gift of Faith that he brought to me.

Anne, I also have wg crushing fatigue. No idea how I did all these on Oct 2. I did got 30 minutes nap in the middle of that day. I think I was running away (almost literaly) from the sorrow and the pain until it caught me. I did felt relief after crying although it aches badly. It is better to face the sorrow then to escape it.

Michelle is correct: I didn't post here the post that I posted on facebook because of the forum's rules. If anyone wishes to read it - please send me pm with your email address or a link to your facebook profile. It is a very long read so I guess I can't send it on the pm here.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 7 is my beautiful Phil's birthday. "forum time", it is here already... also "heaven time"..

I wrote to him:

Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet eternal love

During those tough times of the pandemic on earth, I feel relieved that you are safe up there with Jesus. You can breath perfectly well and enjoy the breeze of heaven, while you are watching over us and praying for us.

I close my eyes and I see your caring sweet face, full of compasion, so tender and beautiful. You must be working day and night since the pandemic has started. You know too well how it feels when a disease hit the lungs, the torture of tough coughing and how exhausting and scary it is to be short of breath...

So, I imagine you flying with your Batman's wings from bed to bed of covid19 patients, over all the globe, doing your best to help those in need, although you don't even know them.... like you always welcomed new members to the forum and tried your best to help them...

May your birthday gift be that Our Lord will accept your requests to help the sick and will make miracles for them.

Take care, sweetie, get some rest (after all, you need to rest in peace) and celebrate your birthday in a heavenly way.

I love you, to infinity and beyond. Always and forever

P.s. while writing the above I have chills so I know that it means that you are near me. So sweet of you. Thank you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes Masha, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathorse is back for his yearly visit.
    RIP Phil and Barbara N.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes Pete, Masha, annekat, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for remembering about Bathorse, Gilders. We will always remember Phil and Barbara with love.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

10. Likes gilders, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much, @gilders and Anne. It means a lot to me.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil's father passed away couple of days ago. He was very sick in the last 3 years or so and suffered a lot.

I was in contact with him and with Phil's mom couple of times a week on line and will miss him greatly. The tears came back over both Phil and him now...and at 2AM...

This is what I wrote to him:

Rest in peace, dear Daryl..

You suffered awefully but no more. I imagine the relief that you felt when your mom and our sweet Phil came to pick you up yesterday, to spend all eternity with Jesus.

It is heart breaking for us to say goodbye, but I must remember that you are peaceful and joyful now, reunited with Phil and with your mom, and most important - you are in the presence of Jesus.

I feel blessed for the time we spent together taking care of our beautiful phil. Some little things come to my mind: How Phil loved your head masssages, even more then mine... Being grateful for your strong hug during his last hours on earth... Our first conversation in the Batcave and also our last conversation there... your immense LOVE to your beautiful Donna, your caring and love to me and to many others, your wonderful sense of humor and cute laugh...... like father, like son - a man of an amazing strength and courage, a man of charity, generosity and kindness, a man of integrity and Faith.

Please watch over your beautiful Donna, she still needs you, let her feel that you are near... please tell Phil that I love him always and forever... please pray for us, we need many prayers...

... and when the time will come, please come to pick me up with Phil, like you did back then in Regina airport.

I love you. Until we meet again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

13. Likes mishb, Masha, annekat, JeanMarie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m so so sad to read this. My heart is heavy for you, Alyssa and for Phil’s mommy. I hope she finds peace. You are all in my heart and in my thoughts.
    Natrice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Natty. You are very kind. I hope that you are doing well. God bless you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

17. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would have thought that we would be thankful for such a rotten disease, bringing us all together, and the friendship and loves that are formed from having the said "rotten disease".

Such sad news about the passing of Phil's dad.

Thank you Alysia for your continuous caring of, not just Phil's family, but of everyone
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

19. Likes Keith, Masha, annekat, Alysia liked this post