Likes Likes:  203
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Michelle, and I appreciate your updating us on all of this.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, too. The hospital will not admit liability or malpractice to you, that is for certain, but there are regulatory agencies that oversee hospitals in Canada. The hospital is obligated to tell you who they are. Otherwise you can find it by searching online.

Please keep pursuing this, Alysia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Agreed. When you feel a faceless organization has done wrong you should hold it accountable, everyone benefits from your efforts. Even if you never get the result you're looking for it keeps them in line if their actions are questioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I know we've never "spoken" on the forum as I'm new here. I have read over most of this thread and I can feel your pain, frustration, and anger pouring through the screen at the loss of your sweet man. I'm sure he was a wonderful man. My only advice for you and Phil's parents is that they NEED to get a lawyer. I know you want answers and want to save another family from ever going through this heartache because of the medical field's ignorance of how to treat GPA, but I don't know of a single medical malpractice suit that has been done without the involvement of attorneys. I know it's terribly expensive and that's probably why most people who lose a loved one because of medical mistreatment just try to find a way to cope with their loved one's loss and never go the lawsuit route.

I don't know anything about the legal system in Canada or how it pertains to medical malpractice suits. I'm sure Phil's parents can make an appointment with a medical malpractice lawyer near them for a free consultation and get more information about what they should do from here about Phil's case.

I pray ya'll are able to get answers and that you can find some peace and comfort knowing your sweetheart is kneeling at the feet of Jesus and basking in His love right this very second. How amazing is that?! I lost both my parents and several close family members in the last few years and the ONLY thing that keeps me going is knowing with all my heart that our separation is a brief one, and I will soon see them again and hold them close for eternity. God bless you.
    Teri from Texas
    Diagnosed w/WG March 2015
    "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." - Psalm 30:2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Phil will be proud of you
    Thank you for saying this.... makes me cry... (again)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I agree, too. The hospital will not admit liability or malpractice to you, that is for certain, but there are regulatory agencies that oversee hospitals in Canada. The hospital is obligated to tell you who they are. Otherwise you can find it by searching online.

WOW Sangye, I would have never know that there exist such a thing. Thank you so much.
    I googled it and found to many links. not sure where I can find what I am looking for.
    Do you mean that there is an agency to which Foothills Medical Center must tell the truth ? and already did ? and that FMC must tell me who it is ? and then, will this agency tell me as well ??
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Agreed. When you feel a faceless organization has done wrong you should hold it accountable, everyone benefits from your efforts. Even if you never get the result you're looking for it keeps them in line if their actions are questioned.
    Thank you. my beautiful Phil will be very happy up there if we will be able to help even a bit any patient.... and who knows, maybe some weggies as well... although I hope no weggie will ever enter to that deathtrap called Foothills Medical Center.... too dangerous specifically for us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txrepub4God View Post
    Alysia, I know we've never "spoken" on the forum as I'm new here. I have read over most of this thread and I can feel your pain, frustration, and anger pouring through the screen at the loss of your sweet man. I'm sure he was a wonderful man. My only advice for you and Phil's parents is that they NEED to get a lawyer. I know you want answers and want to save another family from ever going through this heartache because of the medical field's ignorance of how to treat GPA, but I don't know of a single medical malpractice suit that has been done without the involvement of attorneys. I know it's terribly expensive and that's probably why most people who lose a loved one because of medical mistreatment just try to find a way to cope with their loved one's loss and never go the lawsuit route.

I don't know anything about the legal system in Canada or how it pertains to medical malpractice suits. I'm sure Phil's parents can make an appointment with a medical malpractice lawyer near them for a free consultation and get more information about what they should do from here about Phil's case.

I pray ya'll are able to get answers and that you can find some peace and comfort knowing your sweetheart is kneeling at the feet of Jesus and basking in His love right this very second. How amazing is that?! I lost both my parents and several close family members in the last few years and the ONLY thing that keeps me going is knowing with all my heart that our separation is a brief one, and I will soon see them again and hold them close for eternity. God bless you.
    Thank you so much for your beautiful, kind and comforting words. it means so much.
    we can't afford a lawyer. its too expensive and even if we could, there is a limit in Canada of no more then 82,000$ or so for suit. most of it going to the lawyer after all. so its useless. but I do want them to take responsibility and change the way they handle patients. they can't treat patients like that. with so much arrogance and ignorance. with uncaring. filthy place. with giving drugs that should be banned. they kill patients and no one bats. so in tribute of my beautiful Batman, I will not let them live quietly with this evil treatment.

I just miss him so much and waiting to hold him again feels so long, I wish it was as brief as you wrote. every second without him is a torture. yes, he was an amazing man. if you read some old posts of him you can see how kind and compassionate he was, full of knowledge, with great sense of humor, strong spirit and the biggest Faith. they sure enjoy him up there now. I know that he is in peace with Jesus and Mary like he always prayed for. its comforting. God bless you as well.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote the following to my sweetie:

My sweet eternal love,
    I editted the first 8 lines and added more of my own, from the book "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats". Do you remmember that I told you the story and cried ? that we too, will have such a short time together and then many years apart, longing, painfully missing.... it scared me to think how long will I have to wait until you will hold me again...

I am not without you,
    you are with me
    from the moment I wake
    until the moment I fall asleep,
    And even in my sleep..

It's you, when the wind caresses me,
    It's your voice I hear in the silence,
    It's you whom I see when I close my eyes,
    And also when they are wide open..
    It's your beautiful blue eyes I see
    When I look up to the sky,
    It's your cute smile shinning upon me
    Through my sunshine, which is you
    It's you who makes me smile and cry..
    It's only you who makes my heart melting
    And my soul truely alive.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thank you for saying this.... makes me cry... (again)
    Sorry
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast