Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    I too feel the loss of his helpful voice on the forum. There is an expression in popular culture ... WWJD, meaning "What would Jesus Do". Perhaps you could change that expression to WWPS (What Would Phil Say). If you see someone with a similar problem, and you know what Phil would say...you can combine your expertise and Phil's and keep his good advice going.
    Thanks Jacquie. It is beautiful idea. WWPS... I love it. I do write here and there (more on facebook) what my sweetie would have say...
    I think that now he would have say that you are very kind.... and that we are blessed to have you with us.
    maybe needs also WWBS, what would Batman say..
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alysia for the very kind words!! If you go for Batman....I am afraid it would have to be WWBD...what would Batman do. Leaving it the other way ...WWBS...is a problem, because of the pop culture meaning of the BS part. BS is unfortunately short for "bullshit", meaning "stupid or untrue talk or writing; nonsense.".

And actually, now that I think of it...it might be best to go with either WWPD or WWBD..so that folks immediately associate it with WWJD. Also, I am certain that WWJD was the philosophy that Phil lived by!
    Last edited by BookNut; 05-24-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alysia for the very kind words!! If you go for Batman....I am afraid it would have to be WWBD...what would Batman do. Leaving it the other way ...WWBS...is a problem, because of the pop culture meaning of the BS part. BS is unfortunately short for "bullshit", meaning "stupid or untrue talk or writing; nonsense.".

And actually, now that I think of it...it might be best to go with either WWPD or WWBD..so that folks immediately associate it with WWJD. Also, I am certain that WWJD was the philosophy that Phil lived by!
    Lol... thanks Jacquie. Its very sweet of you.
    I will try the "what Phil would say" and in case of needed Batman, we will move to actions...
    thanks for making me smile.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humor is about my only super power!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, ever the language usage expert!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh... My British family would smile. My Aunt Madge (my father's sister) was a very proper headmistress. When we had a language usage difference she would always say "Ahhh...England and America....two nations separated by a common language!". She was a wonderful woman....very down to earth and practical. I admired her and her husband very much. They had great compassion for the poor and downtrodden of the world. They believed in gay rights in a time when that was unheard of. If they heard about a disaster somewhere in the world, they found an aide organization and made a donation immediately. They made a great impression on me as a young teen in the sixties looking for my place in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh... My British family would smile. My Aunt Madge (my father's sister) was a very proper headmistress. When we had a language usage difference she would always say "Ahhh...England and America....two nations separated by a common language!". She was a wonderful woman....very down to earth and practical. I admired her and her husband very much. They had great compassion for the poor and downtrodden of the world. They believed in gay rights in a time when that was unheard of. If they heard about a disaster somewhere in the world, they found an aide organization and made a donation immediately. They made a great impression on me as a young teen in the sixties looking for my place in the world.
    They sound great. My mom was also a stickler on language usage, but then, she was an American.... so who knows what your Aunt Madge would have thought. They'd probably have gotten along well, though.... my mom always appreciated people of excellent character.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humor is about my only super power!
    one of the best super powers to have... Thank you !

here is my Batman, on July 31, making jokes with the flirting nurse while she checked his blood pressure and commented on his outfit, which he said he will go with to his brother's wedding....
    she was flirting with him, saying things about his gorgeous chest and how she will strip him off his clothes.... it was funny but I think that in Israel it is illegal to talk like that to a patient, even with humor...
    well, he was irresistible.... my stunning man...

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I post here pictures that its harder to post on facebook.
    I have being through so much dread with my sweetie, he suffered like hell, I need to share...
    I still wake up in the middle of the night, feeling that dread again, crying to my sweet Phil. he used to say, when I was sad or worried, "just hold my hand". and when I held his warm good hand it felt like nothing bad will happen. now I don't have his hand to hold and I need him like oxygen...
    This picture was taken when my sweetie was so tired after inserting another chest tube, that he slept while sitting at the time that they still treated him...
    I am comforted to know that he doesn't suffer anymore now. just peace and joy with God.
    Thank you, my friends, who are still visiting this thread and staying with me. I know that it is far from being easy to be with me. your support means a lot. God bless you.

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop saying that it is not easy to be with you

Phil was a great support to many of us on this forum and on facebook, and the love you share for him, and the different love you share for us on here, is enough for me to continue to be with you. Thank you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast