0 Thread(s)

You're welcome, and I love you, too!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a conversation with weggie friend from the US on facebook, about the Fentanyl that they gave Phil. this is what she wrote:

PCA pumps here in the US are highly regulated. 2 nurses must be in the room when the meds in the machine are changed. It's locked up like a safe. How much is used per dose, per hour, etc. Is recorded and signed off on by multiple people each time meds are refilled or the machine is opened. In addition the machine is set up through the anesthesiologist dept. I've been on PCA pumps multiple times & have questioned & also observed their due diligence. I have no clue what the regs in Canada are concerning pain pumps. Here a facility can't even use them unless they are properly certified & trained. I ran in to this when I was moved from one hospital & I was using a pain pump and then moved to a long term acute care facility. I couldn't utilize a pain pump there because they had yet to receive all their required training & certifications. It sounds like the facility Phil was in had at the least some substandard policies. This is a case were a dangerous drug that if used properly can cause great relief but if used by untrained & negligent personnel can cause immeasurable consequences. Someone should be accountable if his PCA pump was mis-dosing. And they shouldn't be able to hide behind the government! It just makes me ANGRY!

they didn't do all this. too much negligence. my beautiful Phil paid with his life....

another friend wrote:

I hate fentanyl and when I was able to work the floor as a registered nurse I had a major issue giving it to patients on the floor...always had narcan in pocket and watched them like a hawk...it was horrible...

please be careful, my friends, about using that horrible medicine that at the end killed my sweetie, even tough he gave the best fight ever...

I know that he would say now that it was all God's will,
    I just miss him so much....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posting picture of my sweetie from our trip to Banff, he looks gorgeous...

Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and another picture of my gorgeous sweetie:

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can look at the pictures of my beautiful Phil endlessly..... I miss him so much.....
    he was always there for me... and for others as well, no matter what he had being through....
    selfless, kind, generous, devoted, caring, supporting, making others laugh... always smiling, never complaining,
    he made this world a better place, he inspired so many, he helped so many....
    heaven is more heavenly since he went there...
    I love him with every beat of my heart....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like looking at the gorgeous scenery almost as much as looking at a very happy Phil, gazing lovingly at the beautiful love of his life who I assume is holding the camera. SO glad you had these wonderful times together!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sweetie with the nebulizer, allways smiling his cute melting smile....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and making a comedy with the nebulizer....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted some pictures of us in a new album inside my profile. there is also Phil with the other nebulizer, like I wrote to you, Jacquie on another thread.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a character he was! And you brought out the best in him, I'm sure. And I know you will say that he brought out the best in you!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast