Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Making the hospital aware of the deficits in their care for Phil might help some other Weggie survive their care in the future. I think that would please Phil if some on-going improvement can result from this.

Is there any panel or review board in or/for the hospital that can review and identify mistakes made in patient care with an eye to improving their care in the future?
    I dont know but I know that if the lawyer will go with it, at least maybe I can help other weggies and vasculitis patients not to die like that....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks again for wearing the Batman's suits. it is very kind and sweet of you. I love you.
    The funeral will be on next Wednesday. 10:30 in the morning. oct 15. that was the original date of my flight back to Israel. I hoped that by then he will be already recovering....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, once we hear from you that the funeral is over and he is laid to rest, I guess we will start thinking about changing our avatars back. It has been a pleasure to wear the Batman suits. I will never think of Batman again without thinking of Phil and you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no peace. I miss my sweetie so much.... endless tears....
    I think that I will post some pics....

this is a pic from July 11 from the first time we held each other for real, at Regina airport. first sec. we were so excited and happy.

Last edited by Alysia; 10-11-2014 at 01:17 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I uploaded to my private album in my profile 3 pics: one is me with Batman shirt. to be dressed like all the others here. 2 others pics are selfie's that we took at the hospital when we "celeberated" being a month there. Phil was most of the time with awesome sense of humor, expecially in though days and situations and he tried to make me happy. I made him happy too. he was such a hero. never complainning. with unbeilvble tolerance to pain. always kind and grateful to everyone. so brave. so inspiring.
    at his last days he was just working hard to breath but still was holding my hand and my heart all the time, and caring for me, through his unbelievble suffering and aggony.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 nights before, during my sleep I could hear my sweetie telling me: "scratch my head". like he used to ask. I miss scratching his sweet head.... we had long days of quietly scratching his head and holding his warm good hand....
    the night before this night I dreamt that he and me are sitting on a huge white bed, in a quiet neat place, with white light. I never saw this place before. he was breathing normal and without any tubes. he said: "I want to tell you something".
    but then the dream was over.
    I am waiting for him to come again and tell me.....
    I need him like oxygen....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, you look great in the Batman shirt. I enjoy all the pictures. I hope you get to complete that awesome dream soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,
    Thank you for sharing the picture even tho it made me cry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,
    Beautiful photo of the two of you at the airport. Memories that you will treasure. So sorry that you did not get to spend the rest of your life with your Batman. He was taken way too soon.
    I never got to know Phil that well on the board. (I pop in and out way too infrequently). But I know how much he helped and supported everyone here, and how much he will be missed by all.
    I will light a candle for Phil and You on Wednesday.
    Again my deepest condolences.
    Yvonne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,

I came to this thread only today, wondering why there were suddenly so many Batman logos.

You are a special person, as was Phil, both of you giving so generously to this community in so many ways. Your relationship inspires us all. No words can fill the void, the grief and anger will pass, and a little bit of Phil will live on in each one of us. He has left quite a legacy and we will be here to support you as best we can.

Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast