Thread: First pregnancy - super scared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JillianDudo View Post
    Finally got to talk to my *** not tablecloth lol
    That's funny.... you can edit your posts, too; just find where it says "edit post", click that, edit and save the changes.

I'm glad you got your rheumy's advice on that doc. The things that docs say who know nothing about WG are scary and sometimes even delay people's diagnosis! I wish there was a system for docs reporting each other, or that they'd at least straighten each other out on misinformation given, so the ignorant ones don't keep harming more people.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you.

Thanks for the info on the editing

I'm new to this whole thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge Congratulations on your exciting news!
    If you are on Facebook check out the page "Vasculitis, Pregnancy and Motherhood" It is a private group, full of positive stories and advice re. medication.
    Best of luck to you for a very healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did request to join the group after reading that on someone else's post. I'm still waiting to be accepted.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jillian, there have been reports on here where pregnancy has put wegs into remission. The body is a wondrous organism. If you search pregnancy you may find the threads. Again, good luck to you and the baby. Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!!! I have a 3 week old and was diagnosed while pregnant!! I was told several times by several doctors about the remission during pregnancy...Obviously that wasn't the case for me, but we are all different!! My little mam is healthy and happy.
    I had a lot of pulmonary issues while pregnant, but otherwise pretty good. It's nice to know there are others in the same situation, this site is a great resource for that!! Please feel free to reach out if you want to talk more about being preggers with wegeners!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you should be about half way...still doing good? I was diagnosed two months after my baby girl was born. Only problem I had during my pregnancy was something called choloeostasis of pregnancy. This is where you itch all the time due to the liver acting up. Doctors say it was unrelated, I think deep down it was some how. Prayers to you and the little one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am half way now. So far everything is good. My blood pressure has been stable and my labs are still better than they have been since getting diagnosed. I've decided that when I start my third trimester I week start taking my imuran again, a low dose, maybe 50mg everyday just in case I do flare after birth. That's what I am most scared of, glaring after giving birth all I'm trying to avoid if possible. I'll keep you updated for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question though... anyone taken imuran and had an episode of pancreatitis? Or elevated liver enzymes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JillianDudo View Post
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I finally tablecloth to my rheumatologist and he told me to never see that doctor again. He said that doctor obviously knows nothing about WG and has no ground to stand on saying those things. That definitely made me feel better!
    All I can say is thank god your rheumy has some sense. What a terrible unnecessary thing to go through. Please make sure you keep us up to date on your pregnancy and the the birth of your little miracle!
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast