Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nosebleeds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to resist doing it I know, but heavy nose blowing just makes things worse. In my own case, the state of my nose is a good indicator of my Wegener's activity and I would be seeking help if I returned to bleeding and blockages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack's nose knows. Nosebody knows better than his nose, I'll bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nose bleeds everyday also. I started to flush out my nose with a salt/saline type solution. ( I put the recipe on this site a while ago) I do this flushing twice a day and should do it more, but it annoys me. This flushing has helped with my nose bleeds. I still have some bleeding, but nogt as severe or as often. This flushing was recommended by my ENT.

I attribute my nosebleeds to dryness in the air....and WEGS of course. I'd love to blame the pred because I hate pred, but can't say that is the cause

coffeelover

Doug Guest

Hey, wegs, dry air, and picking your nose contribute to nosebleeds! I know no one but me does that, but mining sometimes is the only way to open up the airway. Har! My doctor says wrapping your "extraction" finger in a tissue still is nose picking. Thought I should tell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my classes on pediatric diagnosis was taught by a chiropractor who'd been a ped nurse for 20 yrs. She taught us ways to get info from shy children. If we had a toddler with frequent nosebleeds, she said "Don't ask 'Are you picking your nose?' because they will always say no. They know they're not supposed to. Ask them 'Show me which finger you use to pick your nose!' Works every time."

It worked so well, I could hardly suppress a giggle every time I saw a little kid actually show me "the" finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to hear something gross?

At my worst, I used to use tweezers to pull huge, crusty plugs from my nose! They were almost the size of my little finger. The relief at being able to breath for a short time was immense.
    The saline washes put an end to all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sooo happy you didn't add that comment on the "Healthy Recipes" thread.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I don't know how you Weggies with such nasal involvement cope with it. The only crusty thing I have to deal with is my attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL man!! you and I are two peas in a pod lol. I used to spend hours and I have pics of things that are bigger then my pinkie finger lol. gross yes but amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, all I have is just itty bitty bits amd I actually use my hand sanitizer to wash my gold mines. It seems to help in blocking the cold as well
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit off the "picking" path. I flush my nasal passages with the salt mixture at least twice a day and that has helped considerably in regards to feeling the need to clean out the nostrils. Inflamation is still there...but not the uckky stuff.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast