Thread: Wegener's and Pregnancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegener's and Pregnancy

Hey all!

So, I am 33... was and still am completely healthy outside of the Wegener's. In January I will be a year post Rituximab. Currently I am on 150mg of Imuran and 15mg of prednisone per day. I am REALLY happy to announce that I feel like the Imuran is working and I have felt awesome for a couple weeks.

My question is this: Do you know of any extra complications with pregnancy? Or if it gets harder as we get older in more ways than if we didn't have a vasculitis? What kind of chances flare ups have or how the disease could get worse and need more intense therapies?

I'll see my doctor on August 21st... but any help would be so very much appreciated. I'd like to go in knowing as much as possible and what questions to ask!

Thank you so much for any help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions to answer and discuss with your doctors: Are you in drug induced remission? If so for how long? How long have you been at these dosages? When was your last flare? Are you still tapering or trying to taper the prednisone to a lower dosage? What impact will those drugs have upon your pregnancy and are there any risks to the fetus from them? Do you have any other health complications? Gestational diabetes can be a risk in healthy people but how much will your prednisone dosage increase your risks? Will this be your first pregnancy?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Felicia,

If you are on facebook, I would recommend that you become a member of the group "Vasculitis, Pregnancy and Motherhood". It is a closed group for women with all types of vasculitis not only WG/GPA.
    Plenty of women on there that have had healthy pregnancies both on medication and off.

Best of luck,
    Yvonne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys!!! I have my appointment with my doctor on Thursday. He said we could have an in depth conversation about it.