User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need something to read? Buy my book!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need something to read? Buy my book!!!

Most of you know I have mentioned writing. I write a lot. I've been writing stories my entire life and finally, I finished a book and was selling my soul to literary agents to see if anyone would represent me. Well, long story short ... I received numerous rejection letters and was just sort of feeling over the whole thing. But, then a friend saw an article about a woman who was rather self sufficient with her writings ... and had published them on her own through Amazon.

So I did it.

My book can now be found on Amazon as an e-book. Until tomorrow! I should have the paperback of both of my books as well as both e-books up tomorrow. If not, I'll update you when.

If you have a Kindle, you can check it out now! Follow this link ... http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Who-fai...s=nicole+grace

I do hope that you will check it out. I'm very excited/nervous/anxious about what this all could mean. In this day and age, I feel people can go about their writing careers without an agent. I am very excited to get cracking on my third book to get that up there as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking for something new to read. Just ordered this. Can't wait! I admire you so. Inch for doing this. I've called myself a writer my whole life but have never written a novel or published a longer piece. I've written mostly very boring factual stuff like legal summaries.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great recovery and congrats on become a published author.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Nikki Hope you are feeling better.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two of them up there now!! Both available in paperback and in e-book form.

http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Who-fai...s=nicole+grace

Between Friends: Nicole A Grace: 9781500745264: Amazon.com: Books

I'm so excited that this is all finally happening. I am grateful to Amazon for making this something I could achieve. I am actively working on a third project with a few others in the pipeline. It feels absolutely amazing to see my stuff out there!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats fantastic Nikki,

I haven't had a chance to log in to Amazon yet to see if they are available for Australia, but will definately do so.

Just remember not to rush each project, and also to make sure that you have your health/sleep/fun under contol.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to read them both, but will have to wait... finances tight right now. But I admire the way you took action and got them published however you could! Maybe they will go viral and some big publisher will notice!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived Mirror, Mirror. Great distraction from feeling crummy this week. Thanks for sharing the link! I'm certain you can make a career of writing fiction. If you did not have an editor (which I'm assuming because you mentioned not having a publisher), then your organization, flow, and accuracy with grammar, spelling etc. are amazing. Very few writers would require so little editing.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can for sure do your own writing now, it's a blessing and a curse. Everyone can write, which means there are endless books; which means a lot of competition! A great book can go undiscovered.

I am a writer by day, but I do not write books. I write websites, ads, brochures, and some short stories. I have created content for many websites, and I have also written many books just on my own time... Never really felt confident enough to publish them though, as I think I would be a bit embarrassed (I tend to like writing adult novels) to have people read my books.

I have often thought of writing under a different name, but then I thought that I might one day want to take that back.

Good for you for having your book set up though.

Maybe one day I will decide to finish one of mine and publish one too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, I've been reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I wouldn't have but a friend has been loaning me her copies and wanted to see how I like them. Is that the kind of thing you mean by adult novels? Some pretty explicit stuff in there, but the story is turning out to be pretty interesting. At my age, my hormones aren't raging anymore, so I can pretty well skim over that racy stuff without it affecting me a whole lot. But, another example of a woman writer making it big!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast