Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
It's not that rtx is any more dangerous to us than any of the others, it is the most powerful tool we have at this time against WG. It is the most effective one, but it is also the last step in treatment at this time. Why use it if not necessary. I do believe in knocking down the disease quickly because of the side damages it can do, but I don't think you need a sledge hammer all the time when a nice nail hammer will do...
Besides which, I keep hearing about it taking a few months, or more than one infusion, to really start working; don't know if this is true with everyone. I'm happy with the way cyclophosphamide started working right away to clear up my lung issues. Personally, I'd rather just take some pills than have to go somewhere for an infusion and sit there all day, not knowing whether it was going to help me right away. However, I think I was on the CTX longer than I needed to be and should have moved to the MTX sooner. I agree, though, I'd rather save RTX for if I really need it later.