Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: leg cramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Snooz23, having a low Alk Phos can indicate..low magnesium, high vit D, hypothyroidism, chronic disease, malnutrition and other ailments. Having too low of any lab value is abnormal. I would just ask your doctor what he/she thought about it. You can always call the nurse and leave a message that your concerned about your Alk Phos. I do this whenever I have a question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it strange that when I took mtx, I was up to 17mg i think it was and I could not sleep for days after I took it. I felt like I had the flu everyday.. esp the day I took it. The longer I took it, the longer I felt horrible. I actually got to the point that I had to crawl to the kitchen to get a drink. I would go to walmart and have to sit on the floor until I could get up again and getting up... took every bit of energy i didnt have to do it. It made me feel very sensitive to the touch. I couldnt barely touch my skin. I def got the joint pains, muscle pains, shaky like you cant believe. If your liver numbers are bad, def try the milk thistle. It worked for me and two others I have told.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hallucinated when I took it. I saw black shadows and things flying around in my side vision. It made me feel tired but i couldnt sleep. I just ached all over. Then i started getting that dry cough, sores on my skin and losing my hair so after 8mths i quit it completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, all that is pretty bad. But the part that gave me the heebie jeebies was having to sit on the floor in Walmart! YUCK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firecracker glad you quit that! Sounds like the methotrexate didn't like you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wallmart and floor, ugh. Milk thistle, I will look for it and try it. Sangye, is it OK? My liver enzymes are up and so I cut down to 4 pills of mtx. Everything except liver, ANCA and creatinine is ok in the blood test
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly can't say if milk thistle is safe for you to take. Can you find a naturopathic physician there who understands both herbs and pharmaceuticals? They can determine if it's safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought milk thistle was for exernal use. We used to put it on sores and cuts out on my grandpas farm......hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about external use-- probably is very helpful, since it has numerous healing properties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sister-i-law swares by it but she takes no other meds to mix it with. I have thought about that and the microbiotics?? I think thats it? i was talking to a college kid that is majoring in nutiution and asked what he was told about the kymo pills and pred and what thay are doing and how to supplement without increasing the immune system that is being knocked down. he said first no c vitimans, then said fatty oils are good for rebuilding cells. That and the green drink. smells like fresh cut grass to me and looks like it too. Than I asked about the milk thistle and he wasnt sure. He did say that the microbios would be good to balance the organs and muscles again. I havent changed anything yet but am considering anything to avoid more damage or future damage. Any suggestions? the muscle soreness is getting worse with the swelling. I am still on the eliptical 30 minutes a day and it does help. If I dont get on I gain a pound that day and everyday I skip. So to maintain the current roundness I must do the 30 minutes or blow up like a ballon.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast