Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 Q's Regarding Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2 Q's Regarding Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes:

1. Started increasing my probiotics (14 billion a day). Don't want to "enhance" my immune system, as I've heard they can. Should I worry about it? What do you take?

2. And started take a digestive enzyme before each meal. Don't think it interferes with meds. Do you take any?

Part of the reason for both is gas. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat I have problems. More so it seems when standing, as it happens at work regularly, where I stand all day. SO frustrating and embarrassing.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take probiotics or digestive enzymes. I do eat yogurt almost every day to counteract the antiseptic effect of bactrim. I've always had some gas, but I've never had it to the extent it interfered with my job. You may want to look into OTC gas suppressants such as Gas-X or Beano.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I've had some issues too Toby. I sit most of the day though so that helps, though it can get uncomfortable. I hadn't considered it's from having not enough bacteria in the gut though. Yogurt, I believe especially Greek yogurt, can help as Pete said. Might have to start that up again myself.
    ~ Bob