Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stupid question

Except I never hesitate to ask them...

Can you get night sweats while awake?

The last few nights, I'll be reading in the living room and just start sweating all over. I know its summer, but the AC is on and I'm comfortable. It happens after 10pm. I've also been having night sweats during the night again. Haven't had those since before the mtx.

Again, kind of a stupid question, but... You gotta ask what you don't know, right?
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah...any time sweats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, that is a stupid question!

Nah, good question, but I always wanted to say that. :-)

Yeah, you can. Happens to me all the time. Also, when I have reason to sweat, I seem to sweat more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub - it kinda was a stupid question. But again, if I don't know, I gotta ask.

Yeah, when I started all this, I used to get night sweats a lot - but always when I was sleeping. I'd wake up and be soaked. But now they're happening while I'm still up. And oh, I sweat all the time. Any little bit of activity and it's terrible. So embarrassing.

So, do you know if the sweating is the Wegs or the meds? I'm on pred and mtx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the sweating can be either the Wegs or the meds. I've had a lot more of them when flaring, and right before dx, regardless of what meds I'm on. They were generally relieved by treatment or adjustment in meds. But it makes sense to me that the meds, especially the pred, could cause this in people, too. I don't think it was a stupid question. In my case, waking up from sleep was when I noticed them, mainly my back feeling wet. But it can easily be different for different people.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have terrible night sweats... but yes, I can definitely have sweats any time. Right now I would guess it is more my prednisone but it is also a sign of a flare up for me... overheating is my #1 sign of the disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's interesting.

Anne, its been really bad the last couple of weeks, and I'm at my lowest pred dose since Nov 2013. (10mg). I know its summer, but this is ridiculous. I've also not been feeling well. Crushing fatigue in particular and shaky a lot of the time.

Felicia, I just got done reading your blog! You've been through so much. I work full time and go to school part time (finally going back to finish my bachelor's degree... 'bout time!) So i understand how exausting everything can be... I also have problems with my vision. My journey started because of scleritis. So I have damage/blurriness from that, the pred and now severe dry eye from all this. Eye doc says the components in my tear film are off. Awesome. Because I am also a big reader.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I see my rheum on the 5th and I'll be bringing all the sweating up with her.

Jen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might need to up the pred a bit to take care of these symptoms. I can't seem to get below 10mg. myself and when I had a small flare this winter, including a few of the night sweats, we raised it to 20mg. and now it's back down to 15mg. You might not need to raise it quite that much. Good you'll be seeing your rheumy soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in my case its the meds. For a couple years it was terrible. I was sweating all the time. Now, I only sweat when "I should", but even then I sweat twice as much, I.e., twice the amount. As you say " quite embarrassing". I was at the point of putting deodorant on my face. So what changed for me to see improvement? I'm going to say lower testosterone and higher pres, but with the number of drugs I'm on, its hard to say.