User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long for kidney improvement RTX?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for your responses.
    As far as protein reduction, this is only possible if you consume enuf protein to support your lean body mass, plus the loss in the urine.
    If our body does not get enuf protein to support the muscle we have left, it will take from it.
    My mom has so little muscle left and she needs at least 50gms of protein per day to keep her balanced, so far.
    The Neph said she should eat 40gms per day, but this was causing her albumin to go too low which causes swelling in her feet badly.
    Without enuf protein, her red blood cells can't regenerate either.
    I noticed that when I was giving her a little too much protein, she was still dumping alot of protein in the urine, but the blood in the urine went to the normal range.
    Her BUN went too high, but her rbc's, albumin, hemoglobin, hemocrit and others looked great.
    I know the prednisone can cause BUN to raise too, so hoping this will reduce when she tapers the prednisone.
    Too much protein produces too much phosporus, but a ketogenic diet (adequate protein high fat low carb) has proven to reverse kidney disease in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics here
    Low carbohydrate diet may reverse kidney failure in people with diabetes -- ScienceDaily
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 08-11-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi gilders,
    Do you periodically use urine dip strips to check your if your kidneys are dumping blood and/or protein?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this graph showing kidney improvement over the months after RTX treatment

Here is the website
    Long-term observation of patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis treated with rituximab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12