Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Missing Nephew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Missing Nephew

Our family has really given up hope....but I thought I would post here, just in case. Bill has been missing since 1998. He was born near Rochester, NY and was last seen in Fontana, California. Here is a link with more information. I don't think the emails work anymore. I need to ask the person who posted this to change the information. If you have any ideas, contact me via this forum. Thank you!

Missing Person: William (Bill) Henry

Here is another website with more pictures.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...y_william.html
    Last edited by BookNut; 07-16-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, this is so sad, and he looks like such a nice guy. I will probably post this on Facebook since I'm on the west coast and there is a fairly large homeless community here. With the milder weather, they can live outdoors more easily, and I hope he is somewhere, and that someone will recognize him. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new here and just saw this. I am SO SORRY! Are there any leads?

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    Our family has really given up hope....but I thought I would post here, just in case. Bill has been missing since 1998. He was born near Rochester, NY and was last seen in Fontana, California. Here is a link with more information. I don't think the emails work anymore. I need to ask the person who posted this to change the information. If you have any ideas, contact me via this forum. Thank you!

Missing Person: William (Bill) Henry

Here is another website with more pictures.

The Charley Project: William James Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks SpiritScript. No...there are no leads. I suspect he has died or, because of mental issues, he may be lost amongst the homeless. I wonder if there is some sort of homeless registry? I have not been able to find such a thing. I realize that this is such a volatile population....constantly changing. And there is the privacy issue. I guess if I found myself temporarily homeless, I would not want anyone to list my name in a registry. The logistics would,be a nightmare for any agency that wanted to take this on. But it would be so helpful for people with lost loved ones. Even of the loved one truly wanted to have no further contact with the family, it would help to know they were still alive. A very complicated issue.

Thank you for your concern. It is always a help.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, I keep hearing of cities who are finding creative ways to help their homeless communities, whether it be tents in church parking lots or putting up "tiny houses" for these people to live in. And many places have organizations who provide meals on a regular basis. I hope your nephew, if still alive, will surface through one of these outreach efforts. Even better would be some mental health services for them. A registry would be great but I agree it would be difficult.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you, or anyone here, heard of the online website called "Websleuths?" I was there everyday during the Casey Anthony case. It's a big website with many forums, including one for missing persons. I was surprised to see a topic on a man that has been missing since I was a kid! He was never found. He and his wife and baby lived in the huge house. The wife and baby were found dead, a fire in the house, foul play, etc. I think after someone is a member for about two weeks, they can start a new topic. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    It's just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    Thanks SpiritScript. No...there are no leads. I suspect he has died or, because of mental issues, he may be lost amongst the homeless. I wonder if there is some sort of homeless registry? I have not been able to find such a thing. I realize that this is such a volatile population....constantly changing. And there is the privacy issue. I guess if I found myself temporarily homeless, I would not want anyone to list my name in a registry. The logistics would,be a nightmare for any agency that wanted to take this on. But it would be so helpful for people with lost loved ones. Even of the loved one truly wanted to have no further contact with the family, it would help to know they were still alive. A very complicated issue.

Thank you for your concern. It is always a help.